Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Lose Smart Implant Scene Activation After Yubii Home Firmware Update to 5.150

WorthingtonD

Question

We were having an issue where our Smart Implant was falling asleep and not reactivating unless we logged into the hub and reactivated it. The implant is connected to a low voltage port on an alarm panel to trigger INPUT1 as an analog input without pull-up resistor. It worked great if the implant wasn't asleep. I updated the firmware of the Yubii thinking it might help. Now, after re-configuring the implant in the hub, I can see that the implant did send the signal to the hub, but it doesn't trigger the scene. The scene is set to trigger at or above 1 volt. Was there any change in the firmware that would make a scene not fire? If you need more info, let me know. Thanks!

6 answers to this question

@WorthingtonD Check the scene settings to see if it is in autorun mode. It could happen that you had to turn off toro as part of the checks.

Alternatively, check if it executes when you run the scene manually.

If the scene is executed, but you don't see the result in the house (for example, a light turning on... according to the scene settings), it could happen that the scene no longer contains a trigger or target after device reconfiguration. Needs to be fixed.

eM.

@WorthingtonD Hello and welcome to the community.

I've also updated to fw 5.150, my smart implants are still working as expected.

Only battery powered zwave devices are falling asleep. Smart Implant is designed for constant power supply. I'm using 12V DC 2A power supplys. I guess you mean the smart implant is losing connection to the yubii home hub.

Things you can try:

-Reconfigure the zwave mesh network under: Settings > zwave > reconfigure mesh network > entire mesh network

-move the smart implant and the yubii home closer to each other

-place a zwave device with power supply between yubii and SI or use a zwave repeater

• Inquirer
  • Thank you for getting back, Fabir. I've done your suggestions a few times, thanks. After the firmware update, the Smart Implant isn't "sleeping/disconnecting" like it did and it will "reactivate/wake up" when the panel triggers the IN1 input. The Yubii isn't running the scene when the implant triggers. I can see the change for the implant in the app when it does. So we know that the implant and z-wave network are working now. Could there be a change in the parameters for the implant or a way that scene is handled? Could it be an association issue in the implant settings? I did notice that Yubii takes longer to show the change in state of the implant. But that shouldn't be an issue. If the Yubii see's a change, then it should run the scene.

• Inquirer
  • Thanks for the info Martin. I do remember seeing an auto run option before the update, but have no clue where it is now. The scene does run manually and it will operate the wall plugin I'm using for testing. I'm going to try again to reset everything and start over. If I remember to, I'll update this thread with my findings.

• Inquirer
  • Update: I found the auto run option and it turns out that it needs to be set to auto to run the scene. I do remember it being set to manual before the update and it worked fine. Oh well, it works the way it should now. I'm good to go. Thanks!