Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Looking for Temperature and Humidity Sensors Compatible with Home Center 3

adrianw

Question

Hi everyone!

I'm in the process of expanding my smart home system based on Home Center 3, and I'm currently searching for temperature and humidity sensors with an LCD display feature. An important criterion for me is also the price, as I need several of these devices.

I'm contemplating the communication protocol that would be most suitable for Home Center 3. Does anyone have experience with temperature and humidity sensors that are compatible with Home Center 3? Could you recommend devices that meet my requirements?

I'm considering various protocols such as Z-Wave, Zigbee, etc. Are there sensors that work reliably with Home Center 3 and are also budget-friendly?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and advice!

9 answers to this question

These are cheap

Please login or register to see this link.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2023_11/image.png.6778944e52754e4c68a7dbd0e2e548e6.png" />

BUT:

1. you would need a

for €35 and
2. it works only in cloud.

Edited by Bodyart

• Inquirer
  • 6 godzin temu, petro_cz napisał:

Thanks for recommending the temperature and humidity sensor from AliExpress (https://a.aliexpress.com/_mMONPbS). I'm considering purchasing it for my Home Center 3 setup. Could you please share your experience with using this sensor, particularly with Home Center 3?

1. Compatibility with Home Center 3: Have you used this sensor with the Home Center 3 system? If so, did you encounter any compatibility issues? Does it work seamlessly with Home Center 3?

2. Zigbee Protocol: I noticed that the sensor operates on the Zigbee protocol. Is the connection between the sensor and Home Center 3 direct, or did you need any additional devices or steps to integrate it into your Zigbee network?

I appreciate any insights you can provide regarding the performance and compatibility of this sensor with Home Center 3.

Thanks in advance!

14 hours ago, adrianw said:

Děkujeme za doporučení snímače teploty a vlhkosti z AliExpress (https://a.aliexpress.com/_mMONPbS). Uvažuji o jeho koupi pro nastavení Home Center 3. Mohl byste se prosím podělit o své zkušenosti s používáním tohoto senzoru, zejména s Home Center 3?

1. Kompatibilita s Home Center 3: Použili jste tento senzor se systémem Home Center 3? Pokud ano, setkali jste se s problémy s kompatibilitou? Funguje to bez problémů s Home Center 3?

2. Protokol Zigbee: Všiml jsem si, že senzor pracuje na protokolu Zigbee. Je spojení mezi senzorem a Home Center 3 přímé, nebo jste potřebovali nějaká další zařízení nebo kroky k jeho integraci do vaší sítě Zigbee?

Oceňuji jakékoli postřehy, které můžete poskytnout ohledně výkonu a kompatibility tohoto senzoru s Home Center 3.

Díky předem!

Sensor works on first start, no problem, works all over the house, two floors , 250m2 + garden. I also have zigbee sockets, don't know if it always communicates directly or through the sockets but works fine. I appreciate the AAA batteries

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2023_11/image.png.76abba495667681b5b96da5a113fe92c.png" />

Please login or register to see this attachment.

I use the Aeotec Multisensor which works well and integrates well with HC3.  It reports temperature, humidity, light level, movement, etc.  I use the USB supply so it stays awake continuously.

If you don't mind using battery powered sensor, than the 

Aeotec Aero

is a quite well working sensor for temperature and hunidity.

If you need 230V powered, than definitelly the Aeotec 6 or 7 multisensor is a good way to go. There you have couple of other sensors built in. / Humidity, UV, Motion . Alos it is usable in battery powered way.

These are direct zwave protocol compatible devices. 

You have alos another way to go, like connect a Fibaro to implant inputs

DS18B20 or DHT-22 sensors, but i would rather go for Aeotec multisensor

I was succesfull to integrate Tesla Smart 

. It was accepted by HC3 without any problem and simply works.