Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

For double Switch/Module is, it possible to use association to keep at least one relay on?

caison

Question

Hi,

Just wondering for a double relay module such as Double Smart Module (FGS-224) or Double Switch 2 (FGS-223).

Is it possible to set association such a way that user cannot turn both relay off. At least one relay should be on at least (or both on).

If possible wondering if any one can help me find the solution

4 answers to this question

@caison Hello and welcome to the community.

I don't know what you want to do exactly? Please provide more information.

For example, if a motion detector is associated with a fibaro switching module, the switch will be on as long as motion is detected. After that, the switch will be turned off again. The user doesn't have to do anything.

• Inquirer
  • On 12/18/2023 at 7:59 PM, Fabir said:

@caison Hello and welcome to the community.

I don't know what you want to do exactly? Please provide more information.

For example, if a motion detector is associated with a fibaro switching module, the switch will be on as long as motion is detected. After that, the switch will be turned off again. The user doesn't have to do anything.

Hi thank you. I learn a lot from this forum.

I am trying to automate an old ducted air-conditioning zone. There are 4 zone, selected by physical switch. Just plain toggle switch. I put two double relay module to turn them on and off. So far is all simple and good. But there is a risk (of blowing out the aircon) if all switchs are off, it can damage the system (as all outlet are closed).

I am trying to understand if it is possible to use association (I am still learning) so that all switch cannot be at off state. 

Possible scenario either (1) At least one switch is on.  or (2) all switches are on, But (3) All switch cannot be off 

I can achieve this with Scene or QuickApp. But will prefer if it an be done in device level any how.

Thanks it advance.

@caison

The scene is an elegant solution, but may not work in any case of some failures in communication and threatening devices ... but you have it "immediately".

The protection (parameter 164) can be switched on on the level of the device, and both opposed to both the output. Unfortunately, the other way around (blocking "off") is not possible. In addition, it's in the rank of one module.

I can think of, try to reverse the outputs and turn on this protection.

Alternatively, turn the protection, add a auxiliary rele, where you turn the logic NO/NC.

Voiala .. and you have hw blocking.

eM.

• Thanks 1

• Inquirer
  • On 12/23/2023 at 3:14 AM, Martin_N said:

@caison

The scene is an elegant solution, but may not work in any case of some failures in communication and threatening devices ... but you have it "immediately".

The protection (parameter 164) can be switched on on the level of the device, and both opposed to both the output. Unfortunately, the other way around (blocking "off") is not possible. In addition, it's in the rank of one module.

I can think of, try to reverse the outputs and turn on this protection.

Alternatively, turn the protection, add a auxiliary rele, where you turn the logic NO/NC.

Voiala .. and you have hw blocking.

eM.

Hi Martin,

You are a genius. It is the perfect solutions. Didn't came to mind on doing "reverse the outputs", genius.

Greatly appreciated your prompt response.

Thanks