Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Daikin WIFI controller BRP084Cxx firmware update from 1.19.0 to 2.8.0 breaks local API

bonhomme

Question

Hi 

For a while I have been using the excellent QuickApp

Please login or register to see this link.

to control my Daikin split system ACs. 

However, a recent firmware update (which I thoughtlessly installed without first checking 😢) completely changes the API and breaks this QuickApp. 

The Home Assistant community have a github thread which explains the issue and makes some progress to reverse-engineer the new API. 

That thread links to a teardown blog post of the new API: 

(but it's in Japanese)

Is anyone else in a similar position? Does anyone have plans to update this QA to the new API (or develop anything new against the new API)?

(Also, for anyone running the older firmware - don't update! Although you won't be able to use the native app to control those units until you do). 

4 answers to this question

12 hours ago, bonhomme said:

Does anyone have plans to update this QA to the new API (or develop anything new against the new API)?

(Also, for anyone running the older firmware - don't update! Although you won't be able to use the native app to control those units until you do). 

even if, that will be till next update. Did you tested if your Daikin is compatible with Intesis INWMPUNI001I000 or INWMPDAI001I000, INWMPDAI001R000 or Aidoo AZAI6ZWEDA0 or AZAI6ZWEDA1?

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • On 1/17/2024 at 11:16 PM, tinman said:

even if, that will be till next update. Did you tested if your Daikin is compatible with Intesis INWMPUNI001I000 or INWMPDAI001I000, INWMPDAI001R000 or Aidoo AZAI6ZWEDA0 or AZAI6ZWEDA1?

Good suggestions. The trouble is those Intesis units are in the vicinity of $400 (AUD) which is more than 20% of the cost of the original air conditioners. And I have two AC units so this would be a significant extra cost, just to get back to where I was before the update (integration had been working well for over a year). 

I've also heard that Sensibo has similar units that might be a bit cheaper and work with Fibaro, but that none of the IR-based solutions is that reliable and they often get out of sync (as some commands are dropped and there's no feedback from the AC back to the remote to read the state). Dunno how true that is, I've never personally used the IR blaster approach.

Hence I'm trying to work out if there's a way to solve the problem without spending significant extra cash first.

EDIT: I was referring above to INWMPUNI001I000, I do note that Intesis has also got other units that connect to a wired remote output that don't have the reliability problem e.g. INWMPDAI001I000 (these are brand-specific). That costs about an extra AUD100, and requires a component from Daikin (KRP067A41 - some kind of wired remote terminal) that a quick online search says is about USD200). 

Edited by bonhomme

On 1/20/2024 at 3:44 AM, bonhomme said:

I've also heard that ... and work with Fibaro, but that none of the IR-based solutions is that reliable and they often get out of sync (as some commands are dropped and there's no feedback from the AC back to the remote to read the state). Dunno how true that is, I've never personally used the IR blaster approach

right, there are others IR based, like MCO Home 

or Remotec ZXT-600 AC, they are not bad as well, but as you said IR. 

• Inquirer
  • I've contacted Daikin tech support - let's see what they say. They are due to get back to me today.