Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

How to wire a Smart Implant with a 2-Channel 12V Relay Module

Snowboarder2004

Question

"I'm having trouble getting my smart implant and 12V relay (2-Channel 12V Relay Module Optocoupler) to function properly. The Smart Implant is connected, and I'm able to configure it successfully. The 2-channel relay module has power, indicated by the green LED being on. However, the switching action isn't occurring. What could I be doing incorrectly?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

5 answers to this question

@Snowboarder2004

Hello.

so the first problem is that you have the inputs of the relay module connected to the inputs of the Smart Implant.

If you want to switch relays using SmartImplant, you must connect OUT1 and OUT2 SI to IN1 and IN2 of the relay module. The second terminal OUT1 and OUT2 is then connected to + or - depending on the jumper setting.

I see the second problem in the connection of the valve.

I assume you want to open and close the valve depending on the polarity (from what I can see in the picture). And here is the problem.

a) you do not have a connected potential for controlling the valve (there is a dry contact at the output of the auxiliary relay)

b) even if you had applied voltage, both relays do the same thing and you are not able to reverse the voltage.

I recommend either choosing another module, for example Qubino Roller Shutter. This one can do a reverse on the way out.

Another option is to add another relay with a pair of NO/NC contacts and connect it to the existing one as a blocking one.

Describe the principle of working with the valve, we will start from that.

• Inquirer
  • Hi Martin

That was the input I was missing now it is working. Attached the schema . Also the polarity switching works.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

i prefer to use (at least) two FIBARO Double Smart Modules, as they can be set to lock simultaneous switching of Q1 and Q2 outputs. For sure there are cheaper solutions, but when they broken, one ned again exact same cheapo thing from somewhere, and i have always some spare FIBARO modules with me.

@Snowboarder2004

Yes, it works now.
    But, should the voltage be sent continuously for opening or closing the valve, or should the valve be controlled by pulses?
    Your connection works in such a way that one flow direction is closed with both outputs and the other valve direction is closed with both outputs. The operation can be switched off so that one output remains closed and the others open. In my opinion, quite confusing for casual users.
    That's why I wrote about an auxiliary relay that will be connected to OUT1 SI, which would switch the voltage (two sets of contacts) for the venti. Connect, for example, the low potential of the source to OUT2, and this will ensure switching/blocking of the valve operation.

Tinman had the right point about the output blocking module.

• Inquirer
  • The flow is the following

When it is 04:00

Then S1 on

and S1 off after 1sec

and S2 on after 600sec

and S2 off after 601sec

So the pulse is opening and closing the valve.