Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

A way to handle integrations that utilise oAuth 2

Scott

Hi There,

With quite a few vendors (ie security cameras, weather, air conditioners) moving to oAuth it would be great if Fibaro could incorporate this.

Thanks,

Scott

oAuth2 works with a caveat. If the server sends a 302 redirect back the HTTP lua implementation can't handle it. I think I did a feature request for it 1,5 years ago. Also if there is a callback url needed then it's not working as the HC3 is not a HTTP server that can recieve those calls at your public facing Internet connection.

So... I implemented oAuth2 with my Somfy and Home Connect QA's and these vendors implemetations are working.

I'm curious what your question is based on. Are you missing integrations? Or are you building it yourself and it doesn't work? Then you can also ask for help on this forum.

• Topic Author
  • Hi @Joep,

Thank you for sharing your insight! Much appreciated! Good to know it might be possible. Is what you've done with Somfy/Home Connect around online somewhere?

I'm looking at integrating with the

Please login or register to see this link.

to the HC3. From what I've researched (ie 

and others) people have a round about way of integrating the weather modules (but thats not the security).

What I'm hoping to do is looking at the

it can identify if its a human. So my ideal would be if motion detected that is a human and after sunset then turn on outside lights. And if Alarm is armed then to ping me a notification (and play dogs barking over sonos hahaa).

1 hour ago, Scott said:

Is what you've done with Somfy/Home Connect around online somewhere?

Yes, my Home Connect QA is open source, see: 

But the events where you talk about had nothing to do with oAuth2. oAuth2 is the authentication and when you are authenticated and have a token you can fetch the events. ;)

On 2/10/2024 at 9:07 AM, Scott said:

'm looking at integrating with the

to the HC3. From what I've researched (ie 

and others) people have a round about way of integrating the weather modules (but thats not the security).

Please check:

It is open source so you can check and play with my code. There is nothing in that QA that is using roundabout ways. This QA is using Netatmo official oAuth2 authentication. You need to add app on the Netatmo connect site under your account and then generate tokens that you can use in QA. Since HC3 can't handle redirection url, first part with token generation you have to do on Netatmo site and you have to approve generation of tokens. It is just the way Netatmo make it to be more secure and QA is not using your account username and password, just your app client ID and client secret which are still required for proper authentication and to get refresh token.

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • You guys are THE BEST! Thank you for that! I'll work my way through it.