Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HCL Alarm panel stopped working: it does not take the stated actions when alarm is triggered

Frank_Italy

Question

Hi, I have an HCL system with latest FW update (4.630) and 29 connected devices.

Since a couple of months the alarm panel stopped working: when triggered because (e,g.) a door sensor is breached, it does not take the actions that are set to "active" in the advanced configuration section. Namely, the standard emergency lights scene and a scene I personally set up involving sirens, emails and push notifications.

The scenes, if run independently, do work fine, and also sensors work fine.

To try and fix the issue I already tried restoring a backup, clearing energy consumption history, changing the alarm scenes to be activated, but nothing changed.

Some people adviced to buy HCL3 because HCL is unstable, but: apart from the hassle of having to reconfigure the system from scratch, noone guarantees that HCL3 will not suffer from the same bugs.

Could you please advise?

1 answer to this question

@Frank_Italy Hello and welcome to the community. 

I also recommend you to go with a HC3L, it also has bugs, bud not the same as the HCL. (every device with software has bugs)

With a HC3L, you will lose the the energy- and the temp panel. Beside that, it's a usable zwave controller with a reasonable price. It also supports lua scripts.

The Alarm Panel on the hc3l, has a very easy setup. I use it a lot and didn't have had issues with it.