Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[Solved]Tibber Live stopped receiving values

awlieser

Question

Hi Eddy,

Tibber Live stopped receiving actual values since 5 days ago. Your QA has been running flawlessly for months. The Tibber App shows actual values. Did a reboot of the HC3 to no avail. Any ideas what could be wrong? Thanks! Cheers Alfons

Edited by awlieser

13 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • Hi Eddy, I‘m in contact with Tibber Support - so far no solution. When I look at HC debug log I see the following:

[28.03.2024] [13:53:48] [ERROR] [TIBBER LIVE ID:1916]: WebSocket error: Connection failed

Cheers Alfons

Hi Alfons, I stumbled into this post. Please refer to the user like @awlieser or post in the original Tibber Live thread. Users get a notification there is something to read. 

I don't use Tibber myself, so I can't really test the actual live status. I can use a test token and that works fine. 

Which version of the QuickApp do you use?

That is the latests version, so you have all the right code. No reason for Tibber to set you on pause. 

You could manually try with your personal token and homeID on: 

Please login or register to see this link.

to see if that works, if you get some response. 

• Inquirer
  • Hi Eddy, tried this, but no values have been returned. I‘ve sent an email to Tibber support, to check wherher my access token has recently been changed. Will have to wait for their answer. Thanks again! Cheers Alfons

I think you can check your token at 

Please login or register to see this link.

and login with your Tibber login. 

• Inquirer
  • Hi Eddy, did that - unchanged. But still no joy in explorer. Maybe it‘s the HomeID. Cheers Alfons

Then HomeID would be the fault, but I wouldn't expect the HomeID to change. Let's wait for the Tibber Support response. 

Edited by SmartHomeEddy

Did Tibber support reacted on your question? 

If it doesn’t work in the Tibber Explorer, it also won’t work in the quickapp. Ofcourse the other way around, is also the case. If it workes in the Tibber explorer, it should work in the quickapp, otherwise the quickapp is at fault. I can only test with the test token and test HomeID. That test interfaces with the Tibber servers and it workes. 

You could give it a try to change the token in someting you are sure is faulty. Then see if you get the same error. The same test with the homeID. It won’t solve the problem, but you will know where the error comes from. 

Any other users with the same problem? (If it wouldn’t work for a week with other users, someone would have post a question or reaction?)

• Inquirer
  • Hi. Eddy, for control purposes, I have additionally installed the Tibber Monitor QA (which only needs the Access Token, but no HomeID) and it works flawlessly. I‘ve reported back to Tibber support- feedback should be in after Easter!

Happy Easter Days!

Cheers Alfons

• Inquirer
  •  Hi Eddy, for reasons unfathomable, Tibber Live started working again today - very strange! Cheers Alfons

• Like 1

Thanks Alfons for your feedback. Maybe Tibber support solved something behind the scenes.