Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

How to trigger an irrigation scene to start at a later time when you click the run button?

DAWO

Question

Hi,

I want to create a block scene for the Fibaro Home Center 3 Lite which would trigger an irrigation event at a specific time when I hit the run button earlier in the day. 

For example. If I notice that we have not had any rain for a couple of days and the lawn needs to get watered, I would like to be able to click the run button (or any other trigger) that will activate a Fibaro Switch at a specific time later at night. That is, if I, during the morning or afternoon, find that the lawn needs watering, but I do not want the watering to start right away, but at a specific time, say at 2 A.M the following day so that the watering takes place during night time, and then run for example for three hours, how can I accomplish this with block scene creation within Fibaro Home Center 3 Lite?

I only want the scene to run when I tell it to run, but I have not quite figured out how to create a scene that will accomplish this. Thanks!

1 answer to this question

@DAWO

Hello.

look here on the forum for "EventRunner", it may solve your requirements.

If it doesn't suit, in your case I would proceed in a simple way and not make it too complicated.

1) create a suitable global variable, for example "watering"

2) create a scene that will switch the value of the global variable to yes/no (1/0), (water/no water) based on a button press.

There are several possibilities:

- you must cycle the value between these states

OR - just press the button to set the variable to "water" and in the next scene after watering, return this variable to no watering.

OR - use 1 click (or hold) to change to "water" and 2 click to change to "do not water", attention, it is necessary to create two scenes for each button action separately (this solution has an advantage, if you think about it, you can still cancel watering, for example during at night, just before bed)

3) create another scene that just checks the state of the global variable, whether it is in the "watering" state and waits for the preset time. After execution, the global gate changes to the "do not flood" state and waits for the next cycle.

I know, it's tricky, but very simple and you'll be glad you did it yourself.

Personally, I would use the 1-click (hold)/2-click method.

No further status indication is required, no need to check in the application.