About This File
Nanoleaf Aurora VD v2.0.1
Nanoleaf Aurora light panels https://nanoleaf.me/en/ brings new way of lighting experience. Nanoleaf Aurora VD enables Fibaro Home Center 2 to control this lights and show their status. This is new updated version.
- Fibaro Home Center 2 with firmware 4.120 or higher (tested up to 4.530)
- Nanoleaf Aurora starter kit with firmware 1.5.1 up to 3.0.6
- Control brightness, hue, saturation, color temperature and activate Aurora effects
- VD automatically updates list of the available effects when added or deleted with Nanoleaf mobile application
- Scroll with buttons through available effects on VD and activate
Selected and running effect type can now be recognized by small icon in front of the effect name.
- Support for Rhythm module. VD automatically recognizes if Rhythm module is attached to Aurora light and enables selection of input between built in microphone or aux input.
- Use Process button to control Aurora light by other scenes and VD
- Built in button for generating authorization token for easy connection to Aurora light
- Multilanguage support with 27 languages. VD will be automatically translated to HC selected language or user can select any other available language.
- Easy setup for VD icons with automatic setup of icons for buttons and sliders too. (UHAS™ compatible version has even more easier icon setup)
- User can setup VD to have separated on and off buttons or to have toggle on/off button
- Light can be turned on/off with buttons and brightness slider. Even if brightness slider is used to turn off Aurora light, VD remembers last brightness settings so if light is turned back on with button it will be turned on at last brightness level.
- Self adding and checking of global variable data integrity.
- Automatic repair of global variables without user intervention
- New approach to programming other code to control this VD enables future upgrades without needing to change that code. (See more about that in User Manual provided)
Please check provided User Manual where all steps are explained in detail and this video made by @MarcoTorino71:
To upgrade from v2.0 to v2.0.1 just paste provided code in package over old Main loop code and redo settings
To upgrade from v1.0s and v1.1 to version 2.0.1 just delete old version and import new version of VD.
- Nanoleaf Aurora VD v2.0.1 (standalone)
- Icons for VD
- User manual v1.3 EN
Many thanks to
gucio1234 and BodyArt from forum.fibaro.com for help with testing, translations and manual.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its documentation for educational, research, personal use and non-profit purposes, without fee and without a signed licensing agreement, is hereby granted, provided that the copyright notice, with "Terms and Conditions" and "Disclaimer" appear in all copies, modifications, and distributions.
It is strictly forbidden to sell, rent, lease and/or lend this software for profit without prior consent from the Author.
This software is provided by copyright owner "as is" and any express or implied warranties, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are disclaimed. In no event shall the author and distributor be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages (including, but not limited to, procurement of substitute goods or services; loss of use, data, or profits; or business interruption) however caused and on any theory of liability, whether in contract, strict liability, or tort (including negligence or otherwise) arising in any way out of the use of this software, even if advised of the possibility of such damage.
Fibar Group S.A. and their employees are not responsible for support of the Nanoleaf Aurora VD. Please contact the author Sankotronic, on the Fibaro Forum, for any questions or support required.
Nanoleaf and Aurora are registered trademarks or trademarks of Nanoleaf Energy Technology ShenZhen Limited registered in PR China and other countries.
1 April 2019
Nanoleaf Aurora light panels latest firmware update 3.0.8 is out. If you upgrade to this latest firmware Nanoleaf Aurora VD v2.0 will not be able to show VD main icon for effects anymore due to color mode type name "effects" changed to "effect". Even if effect is selected VD will have icon set for solid color. Other functionality of the VD remained intact and will function properly with this latest firmware.
12 September 2019
Nanoleaf Aurora VD is working with the latest Aurora firmware 3.2.0. Problem from 1 April this year with icon functionality is solved!
2.0.1 - Corrected bug in VD main loop that prevented saving updated effect
2.0 - Code rewritten to enable recognizing type of the running and selected effect. Further optimized part of the code and cleaned some bugs.
1.1 - Corrected some bugs in code and replaced light unreachable icon
1.0 - First release of standalone version build on code of VD for UHAS™
Here is look of the Nanoleaf Aurora VD:
Enjoy coding and your new Nanoleaf Aurora virtual device!
What's New in Version 2.0.1 See changelog
- Corrected bug in VD main loop that prevented saving updated effect
- Version 2.0 - Just download package and paste provided main loop code to existing VD. Don't forget to store settings before replacing code!
- Older versions - Please delete old VD and import new one.