Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Change Log for Software Updates

JohnnyC

Question

For those that continue to request this thread, I will continue to post the update logs in this conversation. Please try to keep comments to a minimum so we can use this thread for its purpose (finding information on what changes happened in each version)

Software Changes List 1.032:

- Fixed devices connections screen

- Added possibility to change and upload scenes icons

- Adaptation to work with new Fibaro HC2 app for iPhone

- Lighter data requests for iPhone app

- Bug fixes

• Inquirer
  • Software Changes List 1.033:

- Fixed scenes icons changing

- Fixed videogate screen in remote access mode

• Inquirer
  • Software Changes List 1.034

- Improved exporting data to outside interfaces, e.g. iPhone app,

- Improvements in History Panel,

- Various translation corrections,

- Updated configuration interface,

- Software updated to beta version,

- Recovery Mode now available in multiple languages

- Other cosmetic changes.

• Inquirer
  • Beta software changes list 2.137 Beta:

WARNING!

Upgrade to Beta software cannot be reversed by standard software upgrade procedure. The only way to come back to official software is to use Recovery Mode, then use backup and upgrade to official software version. It is highly recommended to create backup file before attempting to install Beta software.

After update to Beta software all devices will be automatically reconfigured to work with new system architecture. All devices settings and parameters will be saved. Reconfiguration progress will be shown in pop-up window.

Please refresh the page with CTRL+F5 after update process!

Most important Beta software features:

- Completely new system architecture, in which various devices types are treated as plugins. In nearest future this will allow for user created plugins.

- New, quicker and future oriented system architecture,

- Faster communication within Z-Wave network,

- Added support for Lua scripts,

- Automatic conversion from graphic block scenes to Lua scripts,

- Quicker scenes execution,

- Added possibility for Lua debugging,

- Full integration with Helios IP Home Entry System,

- Added VoIP functionality,

- New VoIP Panel added, for configuration and management of VoIP devices,

- Improved, much quicker sending commands to devices via the iPhone application.

• Inquirer
  • Beta software changes list 2.138 Beta:

WARNING!

Upgrade to Beta software cannot be reversed by standard software upgrade procedure. The only way to come back to official software is to use Recovery Mode, then use backup and upgrade to official software version. It is highly recommended to create backup file before attempting to install Beta software.

After update to Beta software all devices will be automatically reconfigured to work with new system architecture. All devices settings and parameters will be saved. Reconfiguration progress will be shown in pop-up window.

Please refresh the page with CTRL+F5 after update process!

2.138:

- Bug fixes and changes in scenes

- Bug fixes in virtual devices

- Bug fixes in devices icons

- Other bug fixes

• Inquirer
  • Software Changes List 1.036:

- Added brazilian portuguese language

• Inquirer
  • Software Changes List 1.037:

- Bug fixes

- HTTP integration added

- New Rooms section added

- Dotted camera password added

- Yahoo weather data added

- New weather icons added

- Universal Sensor in Alarm Panel support added

- Backup descriptions added

- Detailed descriptions in camera screenshots e-mails

- Lili command bug fixed

- EndPoint ID information fixed

- "Configure to default settings" button on Chrome fixed

Firstly, apologies if I come across as arrogant, being English and requesting English only forums. But I think it's more a business decision.

I think it would be great when you're well established and resourced organisation. I work for a global organisation that has 12,000 employees and a helpdesk manned by 600 people speaking over 40 languages. However, Fibaro I imagine, have limited resources and need focus at this embryonic time. I don't see multiple language forums as being a business differentiator.

That said, make sure localisation (multiple languages) is in the product (software, documents, etc). Perhaps then, there would be no need for the language forums.

I not ask to Fibaro to speak all the languages but only to create a forum with more languages and that the users " expert" users are defined as modarator for his language to do the translation etc ... for his own language it's a community help that i propose

Fully agree with davedotnet. One would expect this to be an international product and main language should therefore be English. Well.. fact is that Fibaro's development clearly is in Polish language. Also all documentation and support is and/or starts in Polish. Their main forum is in Polish. The business attitude is Polish (based on my support experience).

So, if it looks like a duck, smells like a duck, walks like a duck... chances are that's a duck.. For Polish, by Polish. Guys, it's not going to change, trust me.

Best to accept and take into account when you make future purchase decisions.

Cheers,

Hans

Funny that Fibaro doesn't kick in..

Fully agree with davedotnet. One would expect this to be an international product and main language should therefore be English. Well.. fact is that Fibaro's development clearly is in Polish language. Also all documentation and support is and/or starts in Polish. Their main forum is in Polish. The business attitude is Polish (based on my support experience).

So, if it looks like a duck, smells like a duck, walks like a duck... chances are that's a duck.. For Polish, by Polish. Guys, it's not going to change, trust me.

Best to accept and take into account when you make future purchase decisions.

Cheers,

Hans

Funny that Fibaro doesn't kick in..

You not understand .. i never speak about the documentation and the support .. i spoke only over the forum . ONLY THE FORUM .... you understand english of moet ik in Nederlands uitleggen ?

Pascal, sorry, didn't want to upset you. I think I understand you view. Mine is different though, more in line with davedotnet's views. If it is considered to be an International product I believe its best that the basis for development, support, documentation and.. the forum should be the english language. That is the language used internationally in this area of the world. Once this is in place many users will be able to share knowledge obtained from the international forum into their 'Language' forum.

Right now the main forum is cleary in Polish. For an international focus that is wrong because only very few people outside Poland will be able to interact on this a forum. Yes, we can google-translate and obtain information. But its a one-way street, no real interaction possible. And that is the intention of a forum in my mind.

I believe that if Fibaro would treat the International Forum as the main forum all will sort out itselves.

Pascal, again, sorry if I upset you, was definitely not the intention. Just have a somewhat different view and opinion.

Cheers,

Hans

You not understand .. i never speak about the documentation and the support .. i spoke only over the forum . ONLY THE FORUM .... you understand english of moet ik in Nederlands uitleggen ?

Pascal, also understand your point of view, and good to hear it.... think all you and I are disagreeing on is timing. Hmmmm, I wonder if there's any forum technology that supports inline translation, even when posting.

• Inquirer
  • Hmm... Thanks for keeping my "Changelog" thread clean of comment as requested at the beginning of this topic guys... Maybe the use of this forum doesn't have the support it needs because it is such a mess... The purpose of this thread was to use it as a reference to software update information.

Refer back to original post

• Inquirer
  • Software Changes List 1.041:

WARNING! This update can last longer than previous updates because of downloading new Recovery Mode ver.

- New Recovery Mode ver.

- Bug fixes in translations

- Bug fixes and improvements in functioning of devices parameters templates (in devices configuration)

- Remote access improvements

- Added possibility to force re-update

- Upgrade process improvements

- New parameters templates for devices ver. 1.11

Software Changes List 1.043:

- Bug fixes

- Refreshing previously added device data and reconfiguring device after clicking "Configure to default settings"

Software Changes List 1.044:

- Preparing Home Center for update to beta version v3.x

• Inquirer
  • WARNING!

After update to Beta software all devices will be automatically reconfigured to work with new system architecture. Reconfiguration progress will be shown in pop-up window.

WARNING! In case of update from old, official version (v1.x), after that update all scenes and users will be deleted. Admin password will be reset.

If this update lasts longer than 10 minutes, please go to main HC2 address (e.g. 192.168.0.1).

If "System temporarily unavailable" text will appear during update, please wait - you will be redirected to the main page when all services start.

Software Changes List 3.341:

- Added transfer of correct icons do iOS applications,

- Added heating management in iOS application,

- Improved device configuration after it has been included in the System,

- Improved Roller Shutters management,

- Improved radiator thermostats management,

- Improved room change, for scenes,

- Modified scenes main screen,

- Improved scene icons changing,

- Improved weather conditions display,

- Improved configuration screen data,

- Improved Satel alarm system panel,

- Improved sensors detection and display,

- Improved system backup creation,

- Location data added to conversion from old to new software version,

- Improved LAN settings ("file" error in DNS),

- Improved timer operation in scenes,

- Improved History Panel loading error in MS Internet Explorer,

- Improved scene saving error in MS Internet Explorer (scroll down menus returned to previous settings after save),

- Improved manual scenes triggering (using RUN button),

- Improved support for AN158 ON/Off Plug Everspring, Aeon Labs Home Energy Meter DSB09104-ZWEU, TKB Plugs TZ68, EZMotion 3 in 1, Smart Energy Illuminator G2, Everspring ST814, ST812 Flood Detector Everspring, SF812-1 Smoke Sensor Everspring, Horstmann HRT4-ZW, Horstmann HRT4 ASR-ZW, TKB TZ66D,

- Improved functioning of armed/disarmed values in scenes,

- Added support for opened/closed values of door/window sensors,

- Improved rooms menu,

- Improved devices parameters,

- Added search engine in senes,

- Improved translations,

- New Virtual Devices version - now you can add a button or slider executing Lua script,

- Improved camera management,

- Cosmetic changes to interface graphics,

- Other cosmetic updates.

Software changes list 1.045

- Restoring proper Z-Wave chip software in case of deinstalling beta version

- Added templates for FGK101 Fibaro Door/Window Sensor ver. 2.1

• Inquirer
  • Software Changes List 1.046:

- Added possibility to turn on/turn off polling dead devices

- Fixed temperature reporting