Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

FGD-211, FW 1.9 : bug/odd behavior after inclusion

nono240

I opened a new thread to not hijack

Please login or register to see this link.

UPDATE 1: by excluding the devices from the

, the button is now working again.Confirmed on all of them. BUT once included, the problem is back again. Is it a bug from the new firmware? I tried again this morning, same problem after inclusion.

UPDATE 2: the problem is

. Same symptoms. Bug confirmed?

UPDATE 3: changing P10 to zero make the switch working again! Everything is now working : dimming, on/off, double click... Firwmare bug or electromagnetic disturbance?

UPDATE 4: problem confirmed by my reseller after few hours, the incorrect behavior appeared using a ZME ZSTICK! They're getting in touch with Fibaro!

Here's the initial story :

I currently have 3 FGD-211 (CFL, 12v halogen, and incandescent!) setup in my house, and since I was very pleased with them, I bought some more for the remainings rooms. My wiring is "2 wire only" because of missing neutral.

I was very confident since the lamps were all incendescents and/or 220v halogens : I successfully installed 5 of them, but I stopped because of odd behavior. Right after installation, everything was running smoothly : on/off and dimming from both the monostable switch and the zwave controller.

Few hours later, my wife noticed that the lights were'nt working at all : pressing the switch was no effect, on 4 of the 5 installed. By long pressing, the light *sometimes* turn on at 100% (immediately!) but, then, we can't turn it off. Long pressing may dim the light progressively at its lower level, but we can't turn it off completely. Sometimes, after several push, the light *may* turn off (or on). This is VERY intermittent. Confusingly, operating the dimmers wirelessly (with z-wave commands) works every time.

Here is a short video, with 3x50W halogens (220v),2 wire, showing unresponsive press :

I noticed that switching off the device power may *temporarily* make them working again, but not every time. Here's a video showing that switching off the module make it working again (3 wire, CFL 10W this time but the same occurs with incandescent) :

The switches are mono-stable, and correctly wired to Sx/S1 with short wire (4cm). Parameters 14 is set to default (0), lamps are all incendescent (2x40W min) and/or 220v halogens (3x50W).

nono240, you got hc2 or vera?

• Topic Author
  • Does the same happen when they are on bistable?

I don't use bistable. I double checked P14 is 0.

nono240, you got hc2 or vera?

I'm using a

. A very popular and versatile controller in France.

I tried again this morning, the problem is reproducible on 9 of 10 devices I bought. The odd thing is that the very first I installed are working since day 1, but I assume they are 1.8 since not from the same order/reseller - I need to double check

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_curve.gif" alt=":-/" />

I contacted my reseller too, waiting for a reply from it's technical desk.

• Topic Author
  • have you tried setting P14 to 1?

Not really, since the modules behavior return back to normal once excluded, I'm not suspecting any parameters errors (even more considering I never modified them

/emoticons/default_icon_neutral.gif" alt=":-|" /> )

But I already tried to connect Sx/S2 without success.

I strongly suspect a bug in firmware, and/or a disturbance when the radio transceiver is enabled/linked... Anyone at Fibaro? I'm an electronical engineer, I'm skilled enough to do tests for you.. I don't want to throw 500€ away

/emoticons/default_icon_rolleyes.gif" alt=":roll:" />

I remember a similar problem, you always need to set the dimmers to bi-stable (even though mono-stable is the default)

Just try setting P14 to 1, it wont hurt (and will probably solve your issue).

• Topic Author
  • I remember a similar problem, you always need to set the dimmers to bi-stable (even though mono-stable is the default)

Just try setting P14 to 1, it wont hurt (and will probably solve your issue).

Mmmm... I'll give it a try tonight

/emoticons/default_icon_confused.gif" alt=":-?" /> Thanks, I'll keep you informed

• Topic Author
  • Please do

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Just tested, and obviously, settings P14=1 has no positive effect

/emoticons/default_icon_curve.gif" alt=":-/" />

@FIBARO : any help? any test procedure? any comments? Don't run with my money!

I've got the exact same problem when associating the new dimmers (v1.9) to an aeon-labs z-stick ( see

), no problems with the older dimmers and also no problems when associated to a HC2

/emoticons/default_icon_question.gif" alt=":?:" />

/emoticons/default_icon_confused.gif" alt=":-?" />

• Topic Author
  • Please login or register to see this link.

You're a God send

/emoticons/default_icon_smile.gif" alt=":-)" /> I'm not alone! I'm not crazy!

Hm, ok.

/emoticons/default_icon_confused.gif" alt=":-?" /> Sorry to hear. It seems other controllers are not compatible then, but its difficult to tell from which side

• Topic Author
  • Hm, ok.

/emoticons/default_icon_confused.gif" alt=":-?" /> Sorry to hear. It seems other controllers are not compatible then, but its difficult to tell from which side

Since Fibaro has poor (or no) support (what's the point to have a forum if you're not able or willing to help your customer? We pay for your salary!), I contacted the support from my controller.

I'm now stucked with +500€ useless modules!

Since Fibaro has poor (or no) support (what's the point to have a forum if you're not able or willing to help your customer? We pay for your salary!), I contacted the support from my controller.

I'm now stucked with +500€ useless modules!

Before throwing modules away, consider getting the Home Center 2 (it works well for me with only fibaro modules).

As far as I can tell, every company is having troubles - Fibaro being a pretty safe bet compared to others. Let me know how the support for your controller is, and what they say.

Advising to buy HC2 as a solution for this problem is absurd. Z-Wave is a standard protocol (i think this is an import consideration for most people to go with z-wave instead of some proprietary solution) and should work on all controllers. Also I can confirm that the newer (v1.9) modules also have responsiveness issues with HC2 ...

• Topic Author
  • Before throwing modules away, consider getting the Home Center 2 (it works well for me with only fibaro modules).

According

, I won't buy an HC2. Read it carefully.

Moreover, my installation is not only Fibaro, nor Z-Wave only.

I'll keep you informed.

I did go with the HC2 and must say am pretty pleased with it ... it's far from mature but, neither are other solution available now. And let's face it: domotica for home use in general is far from mature. I'm still seeing good development work (communication could be better) from Fibaro and still have confidence.

I did go with the HC2 and must say am pretty pleased with it ... it's far from mature but, neither are other solution available now. And let's face it: domotica for home use in general is far from mature. I'm still seeing good development work (communication could be better) from Fibaro and still have confidence.

+1

zwave is developing fast, a lot of modules/controllers will get left behind sooner or later

I have had exactly the same issue (posted in another thread).

Interestingly, while just messing around, I changed parameter 10 to 0 (so the dimmer doesnt move smoothly between light levels). This has suddenly increased the reliability of the dimmers materially. Ill test them for a few days and report back...

I would be keen to know if this works for others. Further evidence that there is a firmware issue.

Incidentally, before people ask me. I use a Vera controller