Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

FGD-211, FW 1.9 : bug/odd behavior after inclusion

nono240

• Topic Author
  • I have had exactly the same issue (posted in another thread).

I first saw your post before opening my own thread. I'll try your suggestion about P10 tonight.

Are you noticing a normal behavior of the physical switches if excluded?

I have one FGD211 v1.9 and one with and older version and I've never noticed that problem.

They have been working with my Vera Lite. The more recent one was included on my network in the first week of January 2013. Since then, it has been working normally.

• Topic Author
  • I have one FGD211 v1.9 and one with and older version and I've never noticed that problem.

They have been working with my Vera Lite. The more recent one was included on my network in the first week of January 2013. Since then, it has been working normally.

IMO, barthompson's issues have nothing to do with ours. After reading my support request, my reseller (eurox10.com) kindly tested some modules (v1.9) on a Vera 3, and they didn't noticed the problem.

This is probably related to a mismatch/bug betweens Z-Wave stacks... Who's faulty? I don't care, I just throw away +500€, and we never got any help from Fibaro.

Strange.. if people add aeon labs devices to Fibaro HC2 and there is problems - it is Fibaro-s fault... and now if people have problems with some other controller and fibaro device - it is again fibaros fault?

Yes, Fibaro support should be better and I hope it will some day.. but at the moment I think it is not only Fibaro-s problem.. Mostly their devices work fine with their controller. I havent tested Vera or similar and cannot say if they support all these devices that are on the market currently?

• Topic Author
  • Interestingly, while just messing around, I changed parameter 10 to 0 (so the dimmer doesnt move smoothly between light levels). This has suddenly increased the reliability of the dimmers materially

OMG! You're true! Changing P10 to zero make the switch working again!

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_eek.gif" alt=":shock:" /> Everything is now working : dimming, on/off, double click...

The only sad thing, is that we loosed the dimming effect between on et off... But it works.

This prove this has nothing to do with our controller, right?

EDIT: just got a reply from my reseller. The problem is confirmed using a ZME ZSTICK, after few hours of testing!!!

Good afternoon,

I have an interesting update, the module that I’ve include on my InControl network is showing the problem that you describe. The problem only appeared several hours after the inclusion of the module on the network.

I’ve already sent this information to the Fibaro technical support.

Now we have to wait for their answer.

Rui Pereira

Dep. de projecto / Dep. Técnico / Pós-Venda

CentralCasa - Projectos de Domótica, lda

Edifício CAM

You could try playing with the value a bit. Maybe it still works at half a second or 0.7s. It seems that if you activate the switch too much in the time period, it floods or gets confused

Try using one dimmer without including it to zwave network and see if the problem occurs or not. This way you can make sure the problem is affected by zwave controller.

• Topic Author
  • Try using one dimmer without including it to zwave network and see if the problem occurs or not. This way you can make sure the problem is affected by zwave controller.

We already did that kind of test. Once included, the push button is no more reponsive (unless P10=0). Even if I switch off my controller.

Firmware bugged.

[ Added: 2013-02-14, 16:29 ]

More than 1 week with P10=0 (thanks to Bart's findings), and everything is working correctly. One of the 10 devices which doesn't needed that fix started to become unresponsive on keypress few days ago but settings P10=0 resolved the problem.

Fibaro's secrets.

Such (absence of) customer support is a shame. I won't buy Fibaro again. They just care about your money.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem with the FGD-211, FW 1.9. In my case with the HC2 controller. The module does not go out .

I'm tired of the problems of this system

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_sad.gif" alt=":-(" />

[ Added: 2013-02-20, 02:53 ]

These are the screenshots of FGD 211 V1.9 and one FGD 211 V1.7.

What the hell is Parameter 3 in the V1.9 ? This module does not turn of .

fgs211v17.jpg

fgs211v19.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Topic Author
  • A french thread reporting that issue is growing, and still no answer from Fibaro.

According to my very friendly reseller (eurox10), they're doing tests.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem with the FGD211 V1.9

If P10 = 1 big problem

If P10 = 0 whole is Ok

What envisages FIBARO because as a result more temporization on lighting/extinction?

Guest Futuretech

I have the similar problem with the FGD211 V1.4?

If P10 = 1 Dimming is possible except turn off

If P10 = 0 Possible to turn light on and off no dimming possible

For both scenes don't work accordingly.

Dimmer is connected to 2 bi-stable switches

here the answer :

Dear Sir,

Yes, we find in 1.9 this bug. In 2.2 this issue is fixed.

If you want you can send it to us for warranty and we will install new firmware.

Sory for all inconveniences.

Guest Futuretech
    here the answer :

Dear Sir,

If you want you can send it to us for warranty and we will install new firmware.

Then I will return the HC2 also and I don't want it back!

Guest jrkalf
    here the answer :

Dear Sir,

Then I will return the HC2 also and I don't want it back!

Happy trolling again Futuretech?

Come on, share the happy stories and phone you complaints to fibaro.

Complaints like this on the forums are bad manners and don't add value to the conversation.

Either learn how to use your device or stop complaining just for the 'fun of complaining'...

• 5 months later...

Hi everyone,

Just bought the Fibaro Dimmer module, rigged it up and am having exactly the same problem that's been described here. I can see that a fix is to change parameter 10 to Zero - but I don't have a HC2 or Vera for that matter - just a simple MiniMote.

I can see that the fix is to apply the firmware update 2.2 - but not sure how to acheive this - does anyone know?

Thanks

Jeremy.