Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Greenwave Reality Powernode 6 outlets

jnathalia

Question

This pretty cheap and effective outlet is superb. Fibaro hasn't got an alterative for this 6 outlet device. In a computer room or at the audio or tv shelf it can be easily used.

This outlet can measure the power consumption for each outlet, however Fibaro doesn't support. Why is Fibaro doing this? My vision at the long term is, that if Fibaro should support as many devices from third parties, because their product/platform will become more popular. If they follow the short term strategy, Fibaro can sell their own products (if they would have such a device) and make profit out of it but the popularity of the platform still has strong competition in the market.

There is a solution to enable power consumption.

I saw on the forum that mr De Raaij found out how to enable this by adding records. However the HC2 is closed now for ssh access.

Can somebody explain how to add the following records to the HC2 or are we really depending on the strategy of Fibaro?

tabel: NEW_Property

INSERT INTO "NEW_Property" ("Device_Id","Name","Value","Modification_Time") VALUES ('60','valueSensor','0','CURRENT_TIMESTAMP');

INSERT INTO "NEW_Property" ("Device_Id","Name","Value","Modification_Time") VALUES ('60','unitSensor','W','CURRENT_TIMESTAMP');

INSERT INTO "NEW_Property" ("Device_Id","Name","Value","Modification_Time") VALUES ('60','valueMeter','0','CURRENT_TIMESTAMP');

INSERT INTO "NEW_Property" ("Device_Id","Name","Value","Modification_Time") VALUES ('60','unitMeter','kWh','CURRENT_TIMESTAMP');

INSERT INTO "NEW_Property" ("Device_Id","Name","Value","Modification_Time") VALUES ('60','meterSupport','{"vMeterSupport":[{"meterType":1,"sMeterType":"kWh","meterScale":0,"sMeterScale":"","value":0,"enable":true,"lastPolling":1358584209,"configuration":true,"retryConfig":0},{"meterType":1,"sMeterType":"W","meterScale":2,"sMeterScale":"","value":0,"enable":true,"lastPolling":1358584209,"configuration":true,"retryConfig":0}]}','CURRENT_TIMESTAMP');

INSERT INTO "NEW_Property" ("Device_Id","Name","Value","Modification_Time") VALUES ('60','sensorSupport','','CURRENT_TIMESTAMP');

table: NEW_Action

INSERT INTO "NEW_Action" ("Device_Id","Name","Arg_Mask") VALUES ('60','resetMeter','1');

Guest jrkalf

+3

Again, fibaro. You can have access to my box to trouble shoot the crap out of it if you want.

The main issue I'm having is that it's not updating the power statistics. It seems the Powernode isn't sending it itself, it needs to be fetched. (is that normal with zwave devices).

Please login or register to see this link.

• Inquirer
  • I believe they have fixed this issue!! I did only upgrade to the latest official firmware 3.558 and it is showing the consumption...

Great!

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_laugh.png" alt=":lol:" />

Oeps, quick edit: I have made a mistake... I entered the power consumption for a lamp. Oeff mistake, of course it is showing the consumption...

So Fibaro, when are you going to implement. Denying z-wave devices from other vendors is for the long term the wrong strategy. Embrace them all and the Fibaro platform will become more popular!

So Fibaro, when are you going to implement. Denying z-wave devices from other vendors is for the long term the wrong strategy. Embrace them all and the Fibaro platform will become more popular!

+1 !!!

+1

deraaij knows how to do it in a scene, maybe he can write a tutorial to implement the code.... ? But integration by fibaro would be nicest offcours :->

I noticed there is a Bugtracker ticket added:

I have a silly question about this device but i'm unable to find the answer , is it possible to turn on and off each outlet or is it just power consumption display ?

Thanks

Anthony

You can turn on and off each port. but at the moment (read forever

/emoticons/default_wink.png" alt=";)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ) only measure the power of the first output

Great thanks, I will add this to my shopping list. A bit of code and I will be able to turn on and of my audio gear safely.

But I really count on a full support from the hc2. Fibaro team please ?

haha good

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I hope so to! I have a virtual device, which check if my tv or pc is on. When one of the two is. It turns on the amplifier.

I also use it to switch on a simple desk light which I don't want to dim, just switch. Or you can use it for instance to switch on and off a humidity device...

So yeah it can be used very nicely

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I need something simple like if the computer is on the turn on the sound card, wait x second, turn on the first amplifier and so on. There is similar devices on the marquet (power sequencer) but it is quite expensive and not zwave ready

/emoticons/default_laugh.png" alt=":lol:" /> .

Reading on all output could allow and emergency shut down in case of malfunction

/emoticons/default_icon_rolleyes.gif" alt=":roll:" />

• Inquirer
  • Since firmware update 3.571 measuring the first outlet doesn't work anymore and I have related several actions... at my side I have nothing changed since, really annoying! Difficult to tell my wife why certain devices are not turned on and therefore the TV doesn't work. puff

• Inquirer
  • polling interval is 50 (as recommended before by you I guess...)

so nobody encounter the same issue after the update?

[ Added: 2013-12-31, 20:12 ]

does anybody else have the same problem as I do have since 3.571? mine is still not working and nothing was changed since (I have two of these outlets)...

I'm reading getValue(#,"valueSensor")

polling interval equal to 50

I need something simple like if the computer is on the turn on the sound card, wait x second, turn on the first amplifier and so on. There is similar devices on the marquet (power sequencer) but it is quite expensive and not zwave ready

/emoticons/default_laugh.png" alt=":lol:" /> .

That's exactly what I did. I sed the Greenwave 6 port switch which is about EUR 60 for 6 switches. Check this thread:

I've been trying to find dealer that would send a schuko version of that Greenwave power strip to Finland, haven't found yet. Any suggestions for this one?

I bought mine from ControlLiving.nl and they at least sent me one to Sweden. I can't really see why they wouldn't send to Finland.

Next I'll need to see what parameters can be adjusted for the power measurement update time on the Greenwave. If I have a Fibaro Wall Plug as my power sequencer trigger it takes a few seconds for the increased consumption to be detected but with the Greenwave it takes 60 seconds which is too slow. I haven't checked if it simply the polling time that needs adjustment but I will try that first.