Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro Thermostat or Thermometer

fredblabla

Fibaro has no Thermometer or Thermostat device. At this time the z-wave thermometer or thermostat are not really nice and close to hugly or too big. So let's go and build some nice products

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_wink.png" alt=";)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

It could be nice to have a Thermostat due to WAF!. The person can change the setting point until next period without any mobile/web/tablets.

Obviously it could be nice to have a good thermometer. It is probably my main goal because the box is doing the thermostat and WAF is coming after

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

For both of them (thermostat or thermometer), it could be nive to have:

- something nice, clean

- nice shape, small and discrete (not like the ST814 which is very thick, imagine that on a wall!!!)

- display the current temperature (with one decimal, for example 20.4°C)

- probably in °C or °F depending on the user choice (better for selling products at international)

- accurate, I think at least +/- 0.25°C

- powered with battery by default by with the possibility to powered on AC, could be nice to have an natural source of energy like the sun (lights) (like the enocean) because at this time the battery devices are consumming a lot!

This is like a santa claus whish list

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but I think customers are the one who buy the products so they are the source or the needs. So if some others people want to make them santa claus whish list about thermometer, follow me

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You have a problem.

Please login or register to see this link.

You must connect the temperature sensor on the door sensor before add device on HC2

• Topic Author
  • No you did not understood!

The device does not display the temperature (on the device, not with HC2 thru a browser or ...)

[ Added: 2013-09-04, 11:32 ]

Shad,

It is out of this topic, but you seems to know very well the hc2

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Is it possible to set hysteresis on HC2 on the HC2 thermostat?

No you did not understood!

The device does not display the temperature (on the device, not with HC2 thru a browser or ...)

How about this :

• Topic Author
  • Thank you for your answer candrea but it is not what I aked for. You are doing some commercials! I never spoke about thermostatic!

fredblabla, I totally agree with you

/emoticons/default_icon_biggrin.gif" alt=":-D" /> , I hate my ST814 too ugly, i hid mine! and it's not very accurate (strange himidity and temperature sometimes). Horstmann/Secure thermostat device are too bad too !

I hope fibaro read this post.

For me + 1000000

• Topic Author
  • Your are right, I forgot to say something about the SRT321 from Horstmann/Secure, it looks like 50 years old thermostat

Krikroff, yes we read ^^

(click link for see it) seems to be very beautiful, but it is not zwave.

Maybe with some relay/door sensor it can be used in a zwave environment !!!

Maybe Fibaro can take a look to it's design and create some zwave device like this !!!

• 2 weeks later...

A thermometer with an ac adaptator can be good. With battery, we had only the temperature every 60 minutes or something like this.. With AC adaptator, you can have an lcd display and a very accurate temperature.. Like the NEST...

+1

and please make it opentherm compatible

/emoticons/default_icon_cool.gif" alt="8-)" />

• 2 weeks later...

I would like also to have more information about multimedia system, to know what I must wait to buy.

And a real touchscreen of 20" to control everything.

+1

but also add 2 buttons "Up/Down" that can be used to increase/decrease temperature in the heating zone.

I will immediatelly buy at least 5 of it :->

• Topic Author
  • Richo, it is a good idea but then it becomes a thermostat