Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro smoke sensor

zorro

• 1 month later...

They should make this sound when there is no z-wave connection between hc2 and smoke sensor or the battery is empty.

Hmmmm seems a bit to frequent for me best check more into this... I sort of knew about the 10min check but wanted clarification that I was not missing something else!

Thanks Lauri

[ Added: 2014-02-25, 09:57 ]

ok can you arrange to get all 3 of these smoke sensors collected? all of them have been factory reset! i have even resorted to factory reseting my hc2 box with 1 1/2 years of data on it in total and STILL these smoke alarms constantly beep!

so you stated that if 1 sec beep and red then they are malfunctioning?

I have 3 and all 3 do it so 100% failure rate?

[ Added: 2014-03-07, 19:13 ]

Please login or register to see this link.

robmac what do you think of these as solution to powering the sensors!

• 1 month later...

Dean.. Did you manage to power the smoke sensors with external power?? Is your issue with smoke sensors now resolved?? I am hoping to receive mine next week and was thinking if I need to connect them to external power or not..

Fibaro said they would look into the issue but I have heard nothing back for a while.

I have the same problem. Connected the smoke sensor to a 12 v constant current power source, now on a irregular interval the smoke sensor beeps 4 to 6 times, LED pulses red during these beeps. This hapens a dozen times a day. Switch back to battery, where the problem does not occur.

Tried to run a z-wave netwerk test, via pink menu, but this always fails. It pauzes at red light, returns to green pulses, then trough yellow, purple it stops pauzes at red again. The strange think is the z-wave connection to the controller seems fine. Inclusion, exclusion, works fine. Temp reports and smoke test alarms is received at the controller end just fine.

Performed also a malfunction test. No problem here, LED changes to green and beeps.

Still I would like to connect to the constant power source. Anyone that could help with this??

Power source is a Velleman, that can serve 10 watts.

Keep meaning to send my psu into Fibaro for them to observe as i thought i had a unique scenario but this is looking quite widespread now!

Maybe one of you guys can send a psu to Fibaro?

[ Added: 2014-04-22, 21:59 ]

And no i do not power them DC anymore only battery as they never work properly...

I think it's about time that Fibaro responds to this issue.

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_exclaim.gif" alt=":!:" />

The problem is broad based, given that it is reported by many users

Fibaro, I'm willing to send the psu if you need it to test the config.

Fibaro have responded I just don't have time to mess about when it should be working from day one... Someone else can do it! Would not hurt them to order the exact same PSU I sent a link to be honest saves customers potentially being out of pocket twice!

I'm sure they have tested it thoroughly, but for reason this issue slipped through the testing procedure. This is the reality and now a solution needs to be found.

I'm willing to send my PSU to Poland, and hopefully this will speed up troubleshooting this issue

Marck, thank you, we gonna wait for it , we was tried to get that problem but w/o success on our PSU

A lot of PSUs on the market today are really bad. I have even had the same problem with a universal sensor where one 12 V supply just made the UBS go nuts and I couldn't add or remove it to my HC2. Another PSU was fine. Use a good supply.