Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro Motion sensor - Software upgrade from v2.4?

micha_pr

Guest shapa

Daniel.Knight - wonderful, UK support team, finally exists.

May I ask you to explain the procedure to get a full refund for my HC2 and 2xHCL from Fibaro?

They never worked as promised, 2 times broken hardware, recently repaired (by Fibaro) and broken again. Neither software nor hardware is reliable and functioning properly.

Nearly ~1000 GBP waisted right now and I'd like to return them (as well as many other Fibaro customers, that's why I'm asking about that here)

Hi shapa,

I'm really sorry you feel this way, of course where users have a bad experience we want to help.

Whether or not you are eligible for a refund depends on a number of factors that are best discussed privately. Email me at [email protected] (just add my name to the subject line) and I'll be happy to help you out.

Kind regards,

+1 kudos for daniel great to see proper tech support in the forum adds so much to a product when your problems get heard

shame there isn't a reputation/kudos feature in the forum like there is in some so you can formally +1 people for being helpful! maybe something you should implement guys??

Guest shapa

Daniel,

Going to send an email right now.

In short - Fibaro products are really huge disappointment for me, never worked properly.

I'd say for Fibaro it's a last chance to calm everything down

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm ready to forget about Fibaro products like a bad dream, but obviously not ready to waste ~1000GBP.

[ Added: 2014-12-19, 21:23 ]

Ha-ha

Fibaro support UK?

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />))

Forget about. Christmas brake until 12th of January! Wow. Happy to see that the company is so wealthy.

"Your request (14364) has been received.

Our support department is currently closed for the Christmas break. We're also in the process of moving offices, so won't be back until 12th January 2015.

One of our agents will review your request and get back to you at the next available opportunity.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

The Fibaro UK Support Team"

Who's clever idea was it to move so there would be nobody available when V4 "stable" is released on 6th Jan, or it a tactical ploy to have nobody available as given the state of the Beta's , in just over 2 weeks its meant to be ready for stable release.

Guest shapa

Are you really serious about "stable" release? They don't have any real beta yet.

It's alpha-quality software.

There is no magic in the world.

shapa, fergalmccarthy, it is true that the UK office will be officially closed from now until the 12th January.

However, this doesn't necessarily mean you won't get a response, just that it may take us a little longer to get back to you. We're all aware that v4 will be released on 6th and are all working hard to try and minimise the disruption and manage peoples expectations so there are no surprises.

Kind regards (and Merry Christmas!)

Daniel

• 3 weeks later...

As for OTA firmware updates, there is a new action present in Z-Wave devices as of v4 called "updateFirmware" that can be called manually from a Lua script.

Obviously as you are all aware there are still a few bugs with the beta so please await further information once v4 is released officially on 6th January 2015.

Kind regards,

Dan

I have two Motionsensors running 2.4, i can se that "updateFirmware" is listed in 4.031.

does that mean that i can try writing a scen to update my motion sensors?

Can you give an exampel scen? Will it work?

andarv, it is not ready right now for user to do that

• 2 weeks later...

Will that device firmware be available for download so other controles (like HS3) who uses the standard zwave update feature (OTA) can use it to update devices??