Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Switching away from Fibaro (lost 2 years :) )

Guest shapa

Guest shapa

Note - starting a new topic to avoid more cross-postings.

I'm not going to use Fibaro contollers not a single minute anymore.

It's too much for me.

Yesterday I (mostly) reconnected all my devices (including Fibaro) (80+ devices) to Indigo 6 and reprogrammed all scenes.

I'm shocked.

It's ultra-fast, ultra-stable, very logical to use. Shame on me I waited so long to try.

100% of my devices (including not supported by fibaro) works fine, even fibaro devices supported better than Fibaro HC2 supports them (!!) (like temperature reading from a smoke alarm, etc).

Additionally:

My philips Hue is supported and working perfectly well

Sonos support is excellent

RFXtrx devices fully supported (hooray - all my "old" devices, thermometers, LWRF switches, etc)

Netamto (!!!) is fully supported (finally I can use all my sensors in a home automation without any hacks)

SMTP is fully configurable

UPS devices are supported

a LOT of other plugins available.

Z-wave pairing is 100% reliable and much easier

Schedulers are excellent, no reason to make any hacks (like lua scheduler, etc)

Triggers / schedules can be cloned (extremely much faster to make new scenes / program logic)

Finally, it works on top of MacOS - very reliable.

Have a look at their forums - developers are really friendly and responsive.

In case of any new unsupported device usually it takes just a few weeks to add support (new minor upgrade)

It is extremely easy to backup configuration (move to another mac mini for example

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> )

Debugs are excellent (very detailed).

GUI "scripts" are very logical and far more advanced, for example "random delays" and so on can be configured.

Python scripts are extremely more powerful than castrated-fibaro-made-lua.

It's like a fresh air after a dirty toilet room.

Only "real" disadvantage - GUI is not so nice (far behind), but from another hand - much more (100%) customisable and there are some really nice designs shared by other users.

Additionally, they are not going to support Z-wave locks (very pricy to pay licensing fees), but they created wonderful VeraBridge plugin which will made all Vera devices "local" - including battery status and all functionality. Very good workaround and works rock-solid stable.

I'm going to share all my experience (how to move away from Fibaro software) online.

p.s. What is really shocking - the whole company is just a few guys. And they made so much better product than Fibaro crap. Outstanding.

[ Added: 2014-09-11, 17:21 ]

OK, more excellent news.

Danfoss valves (old a new) are fully suported, as weel as HRT4-ZW.

Even more - Indigo can read temperature from HRT (!!!) and you can use it in any scene / action / trigger.

[ Added: 2014-09-11, 17:22 ]

HRT4-ZW is fully supported.

Danfoss valves (new and old) also.

Temperature can be ridden from HRT4-ZW and used in scenes. So good to be true

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Screenshots removed due to forum rules violation, paragraph IIIe

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, Shapa

But I am wait for stable version HC2.

/emoticons/default_icon_cool.gif" alt="8-)" />

Good luck with other z-wave platform.

Are you really 36? because your beheaviour looks totally different on this forum.

I think everybody understands your message and can agree about the strategy.

I'm surprised it took you 2 years to discover you need to change to other z-wave platform with all your complains.

/emoticons/default_icon_curve.gif" alt=":-/" />

I'm surprised it took you 2 years to discover you need to change to other z-wave platform with all your complains.

/emoticons/default_icon_curve.gif" alt=":-/" />

It is is almost like a frog or a mariage. When you put a frog in boiling water it will jump out. When you put a frog in cold water and start boiling it will stay in the water until it dies. I guess Shapa jumped out of the boiling water and screamed to stop the boiling. But it didn't help.

So who is the frog and who isn't?

By the way I geuss theire are 5 types of forum users:

1. People who do not have any issue - will not complain do not understand why people complain

2. Resellers and developpers - they will not complain

3. People with some/more issues but still have hope it will change - they will keep quiet

4. People with really serious issues in regards of safety, reliability, money and time spent - they complain beceuase they have tried many ways to change figaro but they didn't succeeded and do not have any hope it will change

5. Fibaro people - they just ignor and go on

But the mobile interface sucks no?

[ Added: 2014-09-12, 08:56 ]

Well to be honest android platform on all fibaro latest betas is broken as well lol so not much worse off I guess!

deanrparry, mobile devices will get and update to match updated interface, which was said many times before. Beta is for tests, so everything will be adjusted to work with it when testing is done.

Scapa, what about the class avalability in eg the Fibaro products in Indigo?

eg.

- Scene activation using double/tripple click

- Generic development for TV, Audio, Precense simulation, video recording etc?

Thanks!

Guest shapa
  • Topic Author
  • j.nowacki - please don't lie to customers, it is not required here

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Not a marketing thread.

You don't have any stable version at all, a lot of issues with latest "stable" release. There are some hacks and workarounds, but still extremely serious issues with z-wave stack / dead nodes / freezings / unsupported devices / etc.

That's why you decided to rewrite z-wave engine from a scratch in version 4.

Which is going to be relatively stable in a few years. May be more.

[ Added: 2014-09-13, 18:22 ]

KristianO,

"what about the class avalability in eg the Fibaro products in Indigo?

eg.

- Scene activation using double/tripple click "

Works fine, many unsupported by fibaro (for years) scene controllers supported by Indigo6 instantly.

Some screenshot attached.

In case something is not supported, it's about just a few weeks to wait until they add.

"- Generic development for TV, Audio, Precense simulation, video recording etc? "

It depends. A lot of plugins (not providing links here as Fibaro will delete them).

Python stack is fully availible so there are no any limits, especially bearing in mind how bad the Lua implemenation from Fibaro is (they do not support basic things! like SSL / HTTPS. Not talking about more serious stuff)

For example, Sonos plugin for Indigo is simply excellent.

Video recording should not be made on z-wave controller, in case you've got mac mini (like I do) - much easier (functionality is really outstanding) to use SecuritySpy software, which is supported by Indigo6 (via plugin) as well.

BTW, motion sensing is also supported. Highly useful (you can use outdoor camera instead of motion sensor for example).

The reason why it is very bad idea to make video recording on something like HC2 - flash will be worn out even faster.

[ Added: 2014-09-13, 18:26 ]

sebaszz,

So, in your opinion, I should just stay calm and wait (a few more years?

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ) until HC2 will start to work properly?

How many devices do you have? 1? 2?

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My investments are 20$k+.

Which are mostly wasted in case of smart-home system is not working properly.

Finally everything works fine. Without Fibaro software.

BTW, how old are you? 20? There are two kinds of people in the world who judges others by age - either young (which is ok), or stupid.

Therefore, we will think that you are young.

So, you've got a lot of spare time to play with a nice toys and wait for a critical issues fixes?

Well, lucky you. I don't have that time.

[ Added: 2014-09-13, 18:37 ]

Dino,

The reason why I decided to buy HC2 (as well as many other users here) is simple - they (fibaro) have really nice marketing team.

Promising a lot, "very soon".

Misbehaving. And now they are trying to get into the USA marked. Very funny

In last 2 years I opened a lot of cases, reported a lot of bugs, etc. Replaced / repaired a lot of Fibaro hardware (relays, smoke sensors, controllers, etc).

Each software upgrade is a kind of Russian roulette - they will fix something and broke something (definitely). And in case of intermediate betas, you don't have any choice but wait.

For example, they broke (not once) Aeon 4 in 1 sensors support. For a month (or more), whole motion sensing in my house stopped to work until they released some update. Which was broken also. They they released another. Motion sensors started to work, but some other devices stopped.

Development team in the company is extremely bad, QA is simply non-existent.

Only two guys from Indigo team made in one year such a huge progress. Don't know how big is the Fibaro development team, but everything tells they are incompetent.

Last drop (happens recently) - one more hardware issue with fibaro controller ( the consequence is full configuration loss + expensive hardware repair) + incompetent / ignorant support.

Screenshots removed due to forum rules violation, paragraph IIIe

Listen shapa at some point it's simply too much. I have full sympathy for the fact that perhaps you simply don't get this stuff but behaving the way you do really doesn't actually hurt the people you are childishly trying to insult and cause grief. It portrays what kind of person You are and suggests that you really haven't grown up and that you simply don't understand what you are doing. Could you please stop whining like a spoiled 6-year-old and try to contribute to the forum rather than messing it up for the thousands of people who are here to learn and contribute?

I'm sorry it took you 2 years to decide that you want to leave but if that is your decision then please do and spend your energy elsewhere. I'm quite certain it could be used in better ways than this. At least I hope that's the case.

I do also apologize for this post. I just couldn't take more BS. I'm convinced some people really don't agree with me but I'm equally convinced at least one person does.

Guest shapa
  • Topic Author
  • UrSv,

it's not about "decision made in 2 years".

I m helping other people to avoid this c..p. When I finally realized (just a few days ago) how dangerous / unreliable (low-level, hardware configuration, etc) it is.

Instead of hiding information, I'm sharing it.

That's is.

With exact information provided "how to avoid that".

And already received multiple "thank you" (via emails, private messages here on forum, etc).

Regarding "contribution" - have a look to my posts, instead of writing this whining message.

Contributed. A lot.

BTW, I looked at yours. Well, you know. Nothing to comment. Simply nothing.

So - just stop whining. Create some content. Make contribution.

Some basic rule: you don't like it? You don't read it. Otherwise, internet is going to be really insulting to you.

I'm still waiting for a feedback from Fibaro regarding refund.

BTW, the thread is started not by me.

As usual, in case of not-so-pleasant questions Fibaro guys are simply ignoring them.

Please login or register to see this link.

I know, some people are really not educated enough to understand that some Fibaro products are physically dangerous, one more reason to share the experience.

deanrparry, mobile devices will get and update to match updated interface, which was said many times before. Beta is for tests, so everything will be adjusted to work with it when testing is done.

I am testing it!

/emoticons/default_icon_confused.gif" alt=":-?" /> and i repeat the Android interface is crap! I cannot test it properly because I do not have the required tools!

I for one want to use it as a Home Automation not have a laptop glued to me!

Go find a carpenter that is willing to nail a fence up with a hammer but no nails!

Was not having dig but seeing as your attitude assumes I was...

YOUR ANDROID APP IS *!

Better?

Or do I have to buy an iPhone on top of the £500 HC2 to "HELP YOU" test "YOUR" software?

Thanks again for wasting more of my time!

shapa,

Thanks for sharing - sorry to hear your issues.

I do have a few questions:

1) What interface are you using?

2) Why did you choose Indigo 6 over other solutions?

Currently happy with my HC2 - but always interested to learn more!

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I have also moved to Indigo, after a shot try with Very.

I fully agree with Sharpa, doing what I have done with indigo would take a lot if possible. And I have done all without any line of code.

To Sharpa list just to add Timmers, they are very useful to keep lights on while there is movement. In Vera / Fibaro you need some code to do this.

started playing with indigo myself now! not switched my fibaro back on since the bash scare! and won't until someone from Fibaro has the common courtesy to answer a pretty important question!

past caring about Fibaro to be honest sooner they go bust the better as least it stops the teasing i only come back to laugh at remarks now and to have the odd dig when i am annoyed with something in real life

Guest lochnesz
  • Topic Author
  • I personally think that shapa is giving very useful feedback on another z-wave controller. Why are some people bothered by that? I thought that people on this forum are interested in z-wave and experiences from other systems/manufacturers.

Fibaro has many issues, but I honestly believe that they are trying to correct them. However, it appears as they don't have enough resources to manage all issues, and therefore everything takes very looooong time to fix.

As a user, I am from time to time frustrated over Fibaro's way of handling issues in their product, so looking at alternative products is always interesting. If there is a better option, I will for sure consider changing platform.

shapa , please share more of your experiences from Indigo!

Thanks!