Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

What is the strategy of this company

Dino

I am just thinking;"what would they be thinking off what they are doing". It just looks they don't have a clue anymore what they are doing.

Where would they get fun from.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least they are trying. Just imagine to work for Fibaro and having to read our topics complaining about their "great" products. These guys have to be though.

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

I believe they really think their product is good. Unfortunately we as customers don't see that because we don't see their vision. We just use what they released - and it didn't reach our expectations.

I really hope Fibaro will finally bring out good software, but we are all waiting way too long already.

nah, they don't care that much

they sold 20.000 hc2 units and 20 people are complaining.

that is almost nothing, with other words, big succes

You are probably right. But I think they should care more about those who are silent.

and i think if they are honest they will admit that they hope that the complaining people leave

• Topic Author
  • You would hope so.... You and Fibaro would call them people who are complaining. I call them customers who want to get what they have payed for.

But I can assure you when the current ones are gone new ones will arrive as Fibaro is not changing and they are stikking to their stupide development proces. If you would even call it a proceses.

You would hope so.... You and Fibaro would call them people who are complaining. I call them customers who want to get what they have payed for.

But I can assure you when the current ones are gone new ones will arrive as Fibaro is not changing and they are stikking to their stupide development proces. If you would even call it a proceses.

you would hope so?

don't think you know me, cause you are not and you never will

if you really think that people are not allowed to ask what they have paid for, then it's youre problem not mine.

because of the worthless beta versions i am almost completly back to homeseer

hs3 180 devices

hc2 (both) 12 devices

to be honest, both of my hc2's are for sale this moment.

if they are sold before there is a "working" version then it's automaticly exit fibaro

I stay on this forum primarily to warn newbies what shite they are getting themselves in for r

Kudos!

Please spread the word on Twitter and other forums. I don't think Fibaro realizes how much damage negative publicity on social media does them. I don't normally work against companies, but the gap between the glossy marketing and what the system actually delivers makes it necessary to warn potential victims.

I am just thinking;"what would they be thinking off what they are doing". It just looks they don't have a clue anymore what they are doing....

I just think they are learning the meaning of "to bite off more than you can chew".

1. Fibaro need stable software

2. They need a new sowftware to deliver functionality promised

3. They may need some harware fixes for safety and regulatory reasons

4. They need to continue to sell their products to afford 1-3 above...

It seems like every other new topic that is created on the Fibaro forums is from a pissed off user that is getting tired of waiting for promised functionality and critical bug fixes for bugs that have been known and ignored for a long time. People are desperately trying the new beta versions just to find out that each version brings more bugs, not fewer.

It's getting really hostile in here and it seems there are more people talking about selling their HC2 than there are people talking about home automation in general.

Isn't Fibaro alarmed by this?

Where is Fibaro saying "We hear you. This is our plan." ?

Hopefully a plan that makes critical bug fixes and advertised functionality the top priority.

I would like to see that there is some kind of hope.

I would also like to hear what Fibaro (development not marketing) has to say.

How are you going to continue from now? BETA releases every 2 weeks? Focus on *all* bugs? Feature freeze? When will there be a 4.0 stable? What is the roadmap from there on?

Isn't Fibaro alarmed by this?

Where is Fibaro saying "We hear you. This is our plan." ?

Hopefully a plan that makes critical bug fixes and advertised functionality the top priority.

I would like to see that there is some kind of hope.

The simple answer is no, they are not alarmed, because they just don't care. Its all about optics. Get to all the big trade shows. Plaster twitter and facebook with out product of the year nomination even though we don't have software to run it. Thats all Fibaro are worried about. Nobody on here matters to them, and i'm sure there will be the obligitory response later saying, of course we care, blah blah.

I used to be one of the pissed off users of HC2 on the forum, now i'm a much happier HA user, as i'm not using a HC2, still pissed off that I have a €600 paper weight in my attic, but at least I have a reliable system that the wife is not giving out about.

Unfortunately, based on the current "road map", V4 I would say is a minimum of 20 Betas away, unless of course they do what they did at CEDIA and promote an Alpha to Beta just because a trade show was on. Oh look at the great progress we are making, we are already at Beta, V4 will be released "soon".

The truth is that the current Beta stream, is not Beta quality at all. Not even close. It is Alpha and was rushed to beta because someone up high needed it to be Beta. Beta should be close to stable, not adding new features when the current ones don't even work, and creating more bugs. I'm not quite sure what is going on within Fibaro but I put it to you, have a look at bugzilla, for me this is a perfect represtation of Fibaro as a company. A complete, out of control, no standards, MESS

Dear all,

We're sorry that some users have had a negative experience with the system, but we must encourage users to contact us for support if this is the case. We find that in almost all cases we can help you to get the functionality you require.

Please remember that beta means it will be buggy, so if you need a stable system stay on 3.590 for now and update the system once the new software is finished, since this is the primary source of complaints about stability at the moment. Betas are released so users can live on the bleeding edge if they wish to, but of course this comes at a cost while the new system is in development.

All I can say is that the development team are working around the clock to get the new software finished and it will be released to you all as soon as possible.

Once again, if anyone is experiencing problems please contact support. For the UK, you can direct you requests to us at [email protected] or call us on 0203 327 1000.

Kind regards,

Daniel

Daniel, i can most certainly say they are not working around the clock. They posted a new Beta on friday evening and then disappeared for the weekend, leaving users even more frustrated. Not a very good strategy that is it

They most certainly should be working around the clock as this is a critical time for Fibaro and unfortunately things seem to be getting worse. Even official statements are no longer believed and so many users have lost all faith in fibaro at this point. There is very selective responses in the forums, bugzilla is all over the place.

What fibaro need to realise is that users are helping them. We are spending our time and money putting home systems at risk and there is absolutely no reward at all. The software works for something in one beta, broken in the next and then stays broken for ages. These need to be quickly fixed and a new beta released every few days, with bugs fixed not new features added that just stem new bugs.

Hi Daniel

Thanks for the reponse.

I have had Fibaro installed now for a few months and am reluctant, given the current bad PR from the forum in investing any further in the product. I am currently holding of purchasing any further dimmer modules (circa order value £1000) until i have some faith in the product, the issue with that however is that my house is currently half run by Fibaro and half not, and I am now deciding which road to take - remove it all or wait and push onwards...

The problem with the second option for me is the lack of clear reponses from Fibaro - it has taken weeks for someone to even reply to the recent wave of threads around V4 and the company strategy and the response (while appreciated) doesn't actually tell us anything more than we already have heard... 'its coming'... when is it coming?

What stage in the development and testing process are you with V4? What is the hold up? We are understanding that these things take time, however to be constantly told 'its coming' doesn't give any confidence in the development or the product.

I really want to stay with Fibaro - as I have moved from Lightwave and really can't be bother going to the expense again of trying to install and configure another home automation system, but one of the major issues i had with Lightwave (along with the poor product quality) was lack of company responses... contanstly being told it would all be resolved in the next major release... waiting months/years for products (having been given numerous release dates)... does any of this sound familiar?

I was also under the impression when i bought this product that it allowed SMS texting etc, but apparently that doesn't work in the UK? Its frustrating the some of the key advisertised functionality doesn't appear to be avalaible even though advertised.

My other major concern is the safety aspect of Fibaro... I would really appreciate if someone from Fibaro could put this to bed for me... as I have a fear a module will melt and my house is going to burn down... and going by the forums it appears as though the fire sensor may not even alert me to that fact

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_biggrin.gif" alt=":-D" />

Thanks

S.

Hi both,

Okay I'll do my best to tackle both of your comments:

Firstly, Fergal:

We are spending our time and money putting home systems at risk and there is absolutely no reward at all. The software works for something in one beta, broken in the next and then stays broken for ages. These need to be quickly fixed and a new beta released every few days, with bugs fixed not new features added that just stem new bugs.

Unfortunately, this is the nature of installing beta software. If you do not want to put your home at risk in this way, I would strongly advise reverting back to 3.590 and waiting for the new version to be released in an official capacity. The beta is an optional update, and we never recommend anyone updates without first understanding the risks associated.

I see that having the beta running is obviously a point of frustration for you, and

if you need some assistance with rolling back to 3.590, you can always contact us and we'd be more than happy to assist you.

Liquidchild:

So, strategy and communication is clearly a source of frustration for users. The challenge is that, since this is such a major update there are a number of unexpected bugs that in some cases are still being discovered, which makes projecting exact dates quite difficult. However there have been 3+ updates in as many weeks so progress is being made. Whether it's faster or slower than anticipated is not for me to say, but I personally run the beta at home and I've seen this progress first hand on my own system. The beta does need a lot of hand-holding from the user, but like I've said above it is a beta, and this is to be expected.

As for 'missing' functionality. Lack of SMS in the UK is not an issue of 'false advertising', since SMS functionality is in the HC2, and all service-based features are dependant on country and region. There are options though - if you need SMS you can always set up a 3rd party SMS gateway that accepts emails in and converts them to SMS. I can't recommend any at this stage since we obviously remain impartial, but if you google "email to sms gateway uk" you'll find various providers. We can help you with setup as well if you require it.

Regarding safety - what I can tell you at this stage is that the concerns from the Swedish authorities are less of a safety issue and more related to compliance. Specifically labelling and terminal spacing. Here we all practice what we preach and have it in our own homes, and personally if I felt there was a genuine safety concern I would have taken it out of mine by now.

Can I ask what version of the software you're currently running, and what issues you have with 3.590? Have you contacted our UK support before?

I hope this goes some way to answering your questions.

Daniel

Remember that we can also plaster Twitter with information about how bad Fibaro really is. And it's equally effective as their own marketing. If enough people do it then they'll eventually have to listen to us.