Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Double relay switch FGS222

mpie

I'm having trouble getting the double relay switch working with my light switches.

I only have 1 brown cable and 2 black cables (The Netherlands).

The brown cable was attached to the L port.

The other 2 black cables that are connected to the lights are connected to the Q1 and Q2 ports.

I have attached 2 more cables from S1 and S2 to the light switch.

Here comes the confusing part.

Do I have to create 2 more cables?

1 From the L port to the IN port and 1 from the L port to the light switch P port?

I can't seem to turn on my lights 

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_cry.gif" alt=":cry:" />

Hope someone can help.

• Topic Author
  • Took a photo, just in case

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Please login or register to see this attachment.

The brown should be in L and IN, a blue wire should be in N, Q1 and Q2 are indeed the black wires and S1 and S2 are indeed connected to the switch. Switch uses also a brown wire (that is already there I see).

You really need a blue wire, you can get it from the light (so the most handy is to connect a black and blue wire to one of the black wires already there, remove the lights and pull at the correct black wire, this one will then be replaced with the new black and blue. Then connect the blue to the blue that is there).

You do not have a neutral wire in your wall box, it is necessary to have this wire to connect Relay Switch module (otherwise you would cut off power from itself when turning off the lights). Fortunately Dimmer can work in such configuration, you should use this module (if your lights allow it).

• Topic Author
  • @boerremk

Ok correct me if I understand you wrong.

I grab the blue cable from one of the lights and plug this in the N port.

I split one of the black cables from the Q port into a black and blue cable.

The splitted blue one goes into the lamp and the black one into the Q port where I removed one of the old black cables.

So the light will have like it's own loop?

I will do it in dutch and english

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Dutch:

Het handigste is om 1 zwarte kabel die van de inbouwdoos waar de schakelaar zit naar de lamp te vervangen door een zwarte en een blauwe (dus feitelijk 1 extra draad, een blauwe). Op de plek waar de lamp zit sluit je de nieuwe blauwe aan op de andere blauwe die daar zitten (er zit er minimaal 1) en de nieuwe zwarte komt op de plek van de zwarte die je eruit gehaald hebt (dus aan de lamp).

Aan de relay doe je de zwarte kabels op de Q1/Q2, de schakelaar op S1/S2, de blauwe op N, de bruine op L en IN, aan de schakelaar doe je ook nog een bruine (en dus de 2 draden van S1/S2).

Englisch (sort of

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />):

Most handy is to replace 1 black cable that is in control box with the switch with 1 black and 1 blue (so 1 cable extra). Attach the blue wire to the blue in the box of the lamp (should be at least 1 blue cable) and the new black will be in the place of the old black that was removed (the lamp).

You should connect the black cables to Q1/Q2, the switch to S1/S2, the blue to N, the bown in L and IN and the switch should also be connected with the bown (and with the 2 wires from S1/S2).

• Topic Author
  • Thank you for the help

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> much appreciated.

I now fully understand how the relay works.

I've moved the relay and implemented in a spot where there is a blue cable. Everything is working fine. I'm really happy

Also thanks for the clear dutch direction hahaha