Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Sensative Strips

fi-bar-oh

yeah, saw the ad today. they look great. to think i drilled holes in my steel door to insert a darn aeotec sensor that has never worked on my HC2... 

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_cry.gif" alt=":cry:" />

I have tried them... they work good BUT at least in my house it was really hard to find a place where they fit. I bought 2 and just found 1 window where I could use them, in all the doors they were to big to fit in between the door. If you have space then they are really hidden if you don´t I would use the fibaro door sensor and get an additional temp meter as well

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

• Topic Author
  • I have tried them... they work good BUT at least in my house it was really hard to find a place where they fit. I bought 2 and just found 1 window where I could use them, in all the doors they were to big to fit in between the door. If you have space then they are really hidden if you don´t I would use the fibaro door sensor and get an additional temp meter as well

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Fibaro sensors do not like being outside

Please login or register to see this link.

give us feedback how it working outside because there is no specification for this product, on device there is no IP55+, there is no information about in what temperature device can work. And that information about 10 years on battery is a bit like joke

• Topic Author
  • Why is 10 years battery life a joke? Many companies make elaborate claims your hardly in a position to comment on other companies products! Be fair to others hey?

A.Socha from what I read it can work from -30 to +80 just says that it can work outside with no more specification. Do agree with you about the 10 years of battey live looks a little bit strange, and it can not be changed, will see... the inclusion is ok with the box it's recognized has a usual door sensor + a motion sensor always triggered.

If you want to connect to have a look just tell me.

That motion sensor is tamper. So you can hide it

yes, but they got bigger battery and they are not work outside using z-wave, to be fair lets wait for feedback

how much from that 10 years we gonna have

Fibaro sensors do not like being outside

My Fibaro doorsensor is installed in my mailbox, so it's protected from rain, but not from moisture and minus-degrees.

(I installed it over a year ago, so the sensor is on it's second winter.)

• Topic Author
  • My Fibaro doorsensor is installed in my mailbox, so it's protected from rain, but not from moisture and minus-degrees.

(I installed it over a year ago, so the sensor is on it's second winter.)

Will survive that... It seems to be UV light that breaks them.

I had 2 that became brittle and broke apart.

give us feedback how it working outside because there is no specification for this product, on device there is no IP55+, there is no information about in what temperature device can work. And that information about 10 years on battery is a bit like joke

Here is my review: 

I am also wondering about the 10 year battery life but what the heck, with some knowledge it is rechargeable...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Topic Author
  • Here is my review: 

I am also wondering about the 10 year battery life but what the heck, with some knowledge it is rechargeable...

rechargable? are you sure?

It has a vbat+ and a vbat- terminal at the back of the pub so I assume so.

I could be wrong but I've never heard of a rechargeable battery that would keep charge for several years. Discharge rates are (rule of thumb) 10 x higher than that of non-rechargeable cells designed for long shelf life.

• Topic Author
  • I'm quite convinced these are not rechargeable

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> please do let me know pathduck i would be SOOOOOOO happy if that is the case as i think i have one that is a bit iffy anyway showing only 25% power!

I could be wrong but I've never heard of a rechargeable battery that would keep charge for several years. Discharge rates are (rule of thumb) 10 x higher than that of non-rechargeable cells designed for long shelf life.

I'm quite convinced these are not rechargeable

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> please do let me know pathduck i would be SOOOOOOO happy if that is the case as i think i have one that is a bit iffy anyway showing only 25% power!

I am sorry, it does in fact look like it is a disposable battery, i have at least not been able to find one that size which is not. I will update my post with the new info, i thought it was re-chargeable as the battery terminals were visible. This is probably to let people change the battery.