Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro Dimmer 2 lights blink only

rsjabbens

Question

Hello,

I have a problem using the Fibaro Dimmer 2 (FGD212 V3.3).

I have a switch downstairs and one switch upstairs that control the same light at my entree downstairs.

I configured it using the scheme below, i found this on a website. I placed the module at the light bulb. But when i turn on the light, it keeps blinking. I started with a 13W dimable LED bulb, and afterwards i used a regular bulb (not sure about the W, but i think 40 or 60). This has the same result. I use a regular switch, so i changed parameter 20 to toggle switch. I also changed parameter 32 and enabled the on/off mode to disable dimming. And i set parameter 40, the general alarm to no reaction. All with the same result.

What could be wrong? Do i need a bypass for the dimmer? Or did i configured it wrong?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

So i connected:

L to the Live wire

O (wave and arrow sign) to the light Bulb and also to N on the dimmer

N see above, is connected to O on the dimmer

S1 connected to first switch

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

4 answers to this question

Please login or register to see this link.

I know that topic is long, but it is also full of useful information. I'd start there, eliminate some causes, then come back here if you have more questions.

• Inquirer
  • I did nog get it working. Now i connected it to another light bulb and this is working. However this was one with only one wall switch and I could easy rewire the switch to the Fibaro dimmer. So it has to do something with the wiring. Stil not sure. Will try it again later, only not with the dimmer anymore, but with a 2x 1,5 switch.

Thanks for the link to the topic.

Regards,

Roland

I did nog get it working. Now i connected it to another light bulb and this is working. However this was one with only one wall switch and I could easy rewire the switch to the Fibaro dimmer. So it has to do something with the wiring. Stil not sure. Will try it again later, only not with the dimmer anymore, but with a 2x 1,5 switch.

Thanks for the link to the topic.

Regards,

Roland

To save you some time, please start reading at around post #210. This link should take you there.

Please login or register to see this link.

Please also not that 2-wire setup cannot have p2 (= maximum brightness) above 70-80. Sometimes you need to go as low as 60. May I suggest you start by calibration (set p13 = 1) then refresh the browser and take note of p2. If the light switches itself off (when dimmer set to &00%), decrease p2 by 5. If it still switches of, decrease p2 again. The only other option is to have an extra wire so you can connect the dimmer in "3-wire setup". BTW if you change the lamp type, start again with calibration (p13=1).