Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Swipe is very good. Give it a go.

robmac

Today I received my first 4 Swipe's. Thanks to your previous posts here I could install them in just 2 attempts.

You have to get acquainted with the gestures but then they work really well!

Now let's think about some more really special projects where they can fit in.....

But: A really nice gadget from Fibaro!!!

Hah! You sound like me!

Most people have a situation for which they try to find a technical solution.

I (and so do you I guess;) ) tend have technical solutions, for which I then need to find a situation for.. (to justify my purchase)

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_biggrin.png" alt=":D" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Glad you like them though! I agree this is a more than welcome addition to the portfolio!

Nice to see more people from Gelderland btw.. Greetings from Harderwijk!

/emoticons/default_biggrin.png" alt=":D" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Can someone please explain how to get this thing connected to the HC2? Ive been trying swipes and I hear beeps but cant get it connected........

Update: After 100x tries it finally connected....

Did anyone find out yet how to enable the clock wise/counter clock wise movements yet? I can enable them in the advanced options but when i then save and come back they are disabled again....

Also, i wonder how your supposed to hang this device up on the wall.

​we have shot small video about Swipe (don't worry^^, i'm not I on video). The dimmer we have used, Everspring AD1472, has not worked really good (not really linear where the bulb, with Dimmer2, works great).

Hi, did someone tried the function behind a wall (wood, concrete, stone), thickness?

Greetz

I can only confirm it is working pretty good behind a 'normal' inhouse door..

(not sure whether there are 'normal' doors from an international perspective, but you are Dutch, so I am sure you get the idea)

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

Did anyone find out yet how to enable the clock wise/counter clock wise movements yet? I can enable them in the advanced options but when i then save and come back they are disabled again....

Also, i wonder how your supposed to hang this device up on the wall.

I did a quick test, and I think this may happen if you only select one of the two circular gestures. This works for me:

- Enable clockwise and counter clockwise gesture + save.

- Wake up swipe = hold hand at center until "little melody", then swipe up. Check confirmation beep + status window HC.

- Refresh browser and make a magic scene.

Can someone please explain how to get this thing connected to the HC2? Ive been trying swipes and I hear beeps but cant get it connected........

Update: After 100x tries it finally connected....

R.T.F.M. (Read The * Manual 

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" /> )

I have the opinion that the accompanying manual is clear enough. I had it connected at the second attempt.

First one failed because of my wrong position of my hand.

Swipe works quit well only sometime I have delays in execution but that is caused (I think) by my HC2.

+1 A wall mounting would be ver nice to have! 

If you make a 3D drawing of a wall mounting I will print it (3D) for you.

(woon ook in NL)

No need for a mount I think, to be honest..

Just get rid of the plastics and you are left with a very thin device.

Simply use some tape or whatever and you are set, as it isnt heavy at all..

If you make a 3D drawing of a wall mounting I will print it (3D) for you.

(woon ook in NL)

That would be awesome!

In wat voor een bestand moet je dat hebben?

Ik denk dat hier ook wel een handeltje in kan zitten.....

/emoticons/default_wink.png" alt=";)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The final file needed for the 3D printer is a .stl, and most CAD programs can generate this!

Note that my max size of printing is at the moment 200mm by 200mm by 200mm.

I can print PLA and ABS filament (I think ABS would be the best for this)

Just get yourself a free copy of 123design and get creative.. Save as stl and you are good to go

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Or draw it online at Tinkercad.

Please login or register to see this link.

Any one got one of these units to make there own swipe sensors?

I tested one Swipe and i hold it under table 3 cm thick it works better than on table.

Do you know about some some backbox, that can be used to mount ti into wall or under table? Becouse, what i found only something like that (

). But still Fibaro needs to tell us how to mount it behind a wall.

Do you have any ideas how to mount it for example under table without using a tape?

let your imagination rule

but if you have no imagination your conclusion is good.

ZERO imagination! So throw some ideas my way I have a few of these things sat on the office desk!

And yes an official statement on how Fibaro mounted these under a desk etc... on the video would be very helpful

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

VELCRO

Also the comment made earlier in the thread about USB being worth it (IT IS) WOW! What a different device this is once powered over USB... I find circular gestures are EXTREMELY accurate when powered via USB whilst on battery and running standby mode they are DISABLED for a reason by default

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />