Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Swipe is very good. Give it a go.

robmac

@autofrank. Thanks for reporting back. Another long shot from me... I suppose you are using the base of the unit? That is not necessary, the base only contains the batteries plus the electronics to switch between batteries and USB power. You can connect the USB to the module/pcb assembly directly and use it like that. I guess that makes mounting easier too, but I'm a terrible mechanic.

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

@akatar, I haven't tested it, but at a minimum you should be able to use association:

1st Association Group – “Lifeline” reports the device status and allows for assigning single device only (main controller by default).

2nd Association Group – “Flick UP” is assigned to moving the hand up over the panel (sends Basic Set command frames)

3rd Association Group – “Flick DOWN” is assigned to moving the hand down over the panel (sends Basic Set command frames)

4th Association Group – “Flick LEFT” is assigned to moving the hand from the right to the left side of the panel (sends Basic Set command frames)

5th Association Group – “Flick RIGHT” is assigned to moving the hand from the left to the right side of the panel (sends Basic Set command frames)

6th Association Group – “Circular AirWheel” is assigned to circular move of the hand clockwise or counter-clockwise over the panel (sends Switch Multilevel Start/Stop Level Change command frames)

But for full functionality, the controller has to support the Z-Wave Plus "Central Scene" class. I do have one other Z-Wave controller, but unfortunately it's in use for another project so I can't test it for you.

thank you

**ALL THIS TESTING RELATES TO USING THE SWIPE HIDDEN IN A WALL OR UNDER A COUNTER**

Further experimentation seems to have revealed an interesting anomaly.

If an air gap (or equivalent) is left between the swipe and the surface it is hidden behind then this seems to increase is responsiveness when running on USB power. I used the black/grey foam that came with the swipe packaging.

-- USB Power, hand at 90deg to surface

Swipe + Foam + 20mm desk surface - 9 out 10 actions successful  

Swipe + 20mm desk surface - 2 out of 10 actions successful

My first swipe device is up & running.

Inclusion very straight forward, at a second attemp, through B-button and usb power.

Parameters successfully modificated and uploaded to the device, also at a second attemp, through the wake up function, available in the gestures menu.

Currently I have only tested the nude device, without the case, and the responsiveness to straight gestures (H & V) is 100% reliable and immediate. 

However, despite the circular gestures have been enabled, I have not managed to get them working, not even once. I will keep on trying... Anybody has a clue on this?

My first swipe device is up & running.

Inclusion very straight forward, at a second attemp, through B-button and usb power.

Parameters successfully modificated and uploaded to the device, also at a second attemp, through the wake up function, available in the gestures menu.

Currently I have only tested the nude device, without the case, and the responsiveness to straight gestures (H & V) is 100% reliable and immediate. 

However, despite the circular gestures have been enabled, I have not managed to get them working, not even once. I will keep on trying... Anybody has a clue on this?

Hi Brick

I have found the device to be a bit buggy TBH and it can to take a while to settle down once usb power is applied

I also found gesturing with the palm of your hand to be hit or miss or in accurate

I use the tips of my fingers ( in vertical position) to gesture and its a bit more reliable for all gestures

the circular gesture seems to require a tight/small circle (2 inches)

I've had to include/exclude/soft and hard reset the device a lot to get stability - might be worth a try 

In the main device list screen on the HC2 see if its waiting for a wakeup - I found this a few times even when running on USB power

I also used teh device /general tab icon picture to see if gestures are registering (as opposed to a scene or a device reaction) 

I also found the usb power on the un-assembled device to be a bit loose

@Fibaro:

The B button should really be accessible when the case is assembled as this makes it easier to include/exclude/wakeup)

@All

From a curiosity standpoint does anybody know how the device works (apart from magnetic field interruption)...

- what are the dots/4 triangles on the surface for 

- how much is interpreted by the device and how much by the controller

-the plate seems to be layered (mag field generation ??)

Hi Folks,

I've got a couple of Q's if anyone can advise please.

Can these be elegantly mounted on a wall ?

I haven't finished our build ( painting decorating ) yet, so I might end up poking one into a wall for the sake of it, but if not, I'd want to mount it on a wall .. does it have a vesa mount or screw holes on the back at all or anything similar ?

Or is it flat enough that I could velcro mount it and run the cable hidden for the power ? ( I do this with the Ipads with 150mm x 100mm square velco pad. )

Also if I have a 30mm reconstituted stone benchtop there will also be a 10mm cupboard carcass of chipboard .. so is that too much for the unit to 'see' though ?

Thanks in advance,

al.

Just got it installed. I gave up installing it as per the operating manual (printed). The easy,  not too time consuming, and not to frustrating way to install it, is to dismantle it and plug the USB-cable directly into the core unit, (leaving the front plate and back part with the batteries), and then use the B-button as found on most z-wave devices. 

Is it good? I think it is to early to give a verdict. But I recommend to hold your horses and let the early "testers" work out the wrinkles...

Fibaro, looks like you just made it a little harder for yourself. "First tenet of automation" is - stability! 

Hmm...

Hi Folks,

I've got a couple of Q's if anyone can advise please.

Can these be elegantly mounted on a wall ?

I haven't finished our build ( painting decorating ) yet, so I might end up poking one into a wall for the sake of it, but if not, I'd want to mount it on a wall .. does it have a vesa mount or screw holes on the back at all or anything similar ?

Or is it flat enough that I could velcro mount it and run the cable hidden for the power ? ( I do this with the Ipads with 150mm x 100mm square velco pad. )

Also if I have a 30mm reconstituted stone benchtop there will also be a 10mm cupboard carcass of chipboard .. so is that too much for the unit to 'see' though ?

Thanks in advance,

al.

Hi al

Wall mounting -

It has a 'bulge' at the rear and no vesa mount, additionally the usb lead comes straight out the middle of the back even though I'm sure you could get a 90deg lead. Take at look at this site (

Please login or register to see this link.

) it has some profile pictures. It almost the complete opposite to a tablet as these are flat and the power leads come out the side. If it was wall mounted it would stick out quite a bit.

Hidden under counter -

I have played around a lot aspect with this with very little success. (see my earlier posts in this thread)

I thought I had it sorted when I put the foam (that came in the box) between the swipe plate and the surface I was hiding it under, but when I installed it under a hall table (10-14mm of oak) I couldn't get any reaction at all. I think stone/quartz wouldn't work either. I didnt have a chance to try it behind plasterboard yet. I've been hoping somebody could replicate what I have tried to see if it is all units or just mine but nobody has jumped in yet. Hiding it was going to be my first use case I was going to use it to set AWAY/HOME modes that switched on / off alarm, lights, sonos music, etc when we come and go.

would be very interested in how you get on....

-F

We have made some kind of magic with Swipe

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Same gestures to control different devices - Swipe just got more attractive!

We have made some kind of magic with Swipe

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Same gestures to control different devices - Swipe just got more attractive!

thanks - looks like you're really exploiting it.

Could you list the gestures and functions  you have programmed ?

Also is the voice Sonos and TTS or someother solution - it seems very fast and I like the confirmation of each action

thanks

-F

Hi, in video we use it like this:

Swipe left/right - chooses between: Roller, Lamp, Ventilation

Swipe up/down - turns device on/off

circular movement - dimming function or roller smooth up/down.

Yes we use sonos and 

for text to speech (Estonian language). Actually it is really slow at this point and we will get it faster soon.

Cheers

Hi, in video we use it like this:

Swipe left/right - chooses between: Roller, Lamp, Ventilation

Swipe up/down - turns device on/off

circular movement - dimming function or roller smooth up/down.

Yes we use sonos and 

for text to speech (Estonian language). Actually it is really slow at this point and we will get it faster soon.

Cheers

Thanks - very impressive. I received my first one last week and think its a great device.

Have you tried it under a counter or hidden behind a wall ?

Could you give more info on these two

Swipe left/right - chooses between: Roller, Lamp, Ventilation (How you switch betwene them or do they all happen at the same time)

circular movement - dimming function or roller smooth up/down (how you coded this, I really liked the stopping the blind halfway down)

BTW - which electric blinds do you use ?

Thanks

-F

Hi,

in the video we're using 100% Lua scene solution. Swipe triggers the scene and passes on the information about which gesture was registered or if the circular motion was started/stopped. Devices to control were defined in the scene and a global variable keeps track of which device is currently being controlled.

For each device and command you can specify a custom message. So when dimming a lamp it can say "Making the room brighter" and when adjusting the volume on a Sonos device with the exact same gesture, it can say "Turning down the volume."

Hi,

in the video we're using 100% Lua scene solution. Swipe triggers the scene and passes on the information about which gesture was registered or if the circular motion was started/stopped. Devices to control were defined in the scene and a global variable keeps track of which device is currently being controlled.

For each device and command you can specify a custom message. So when dimming a lamp it can say "Making the room brighter" and when adjusting the volume on a Sonos device with the exact same gesture, it can say "Turning down the volume."

Thanks...

I realize you were expecting a working scene example

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The scene needs some cleaning and touching up. We'll have it up on Indome.ee in a few days.

I realize you were expecting a working scene example

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The scene needs some cleaning and touching up. We'll have it up on Indome.ee in a few days.

I wasn't but scene samples are always welcome  :->  :->  :->  :->  :->

There are a few unanswered questions, but this weekend I probably won't be able to test/answer due to other todos on my list. Maybe next week...

Has anyone noticed that the Swipe will beep regularly? like every 4 minutes on battery and on usb mode?

When looking at the interface screen it seems to wakeup every time.

Basicly i cant get it to be totally quiet.

I set all the "sound parameters"to off

allways some beeping going on, even when nobody in the room

Is it me or?

Has anyone noticed that the Swipe will beep regularly? like every 4 minutes on battery and on usb mode?

When looking at the interface screen it seems to wakeup every time.

Basicly i cant get it to be totally quiet.

I set all the "sound parameters"to off

allways some beeping going on, even when nobody in the room

Is it me or?

Maybe the module isn't properly seated in the base. Can you please try the device without the base (so USB power directly connected to module)? If that doesn't help, maybe something has gone wrong to the configuration (that's purely speculation). In that case, exclude & include should to the trick...

I havent noticed this aswell. Swipe has 4 minutes interval when it decides wether it uses DC power or batteries but it shoudlnt make sound.

My Swipe is also beeping frequently.

And it has huge delays.... Sometimes the programmed action, turning on the light, starts 1 or 2 hours later.

/emoticons/default_icon_cry.gif" alt=":cry:" />