Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Yale zWave Lock

massano

Question

Does anyone has or is working on a Yale zWave lock plugin? I'd heard that it would integrate with Fibaro, but it does not anymore.

So I'm trying to make it work somehow...

Any help available is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Mauro Assano

I had this lock working for 2 years then a few months ago, it stoped.  I have re-added the lock many times using many different option selections but nothing seems to work.  The lock is added to the system but neither the lock/unlock commands nor the status updates work.  No sure what else to try.

9 hours ago, aquamac said:

I had this lock working for 2 years then a few months ago, it stoped.  I have re-added the lock many times using many different option selections but nothing seems to work.  The lock is added to the system but neither the lock/unlock commands nor the status updates work.  No sure what else to try.

Mine Includes no problem now. I initially had an issue getting it to be included, attempted to get help from Yale who's line is "Fibaro is not one of our approved partners", so I gave up on them and worked on getting it included.  From a tip I found online, I tried a new set of batteries, then it excluded and included first time!  It didn't seem to have flat batteries but a new set fixed my inclusion issues :)

When it first included, everything worked absolutely perfectly for about 30 seconds, then it was as if the reports from the device had gone to sleep or where reporting on a channel that Fibaro wasn't reading.  It locks and unlocks without an issue, click lock, it locks, click unlock and you've guessed it, it unlocks.  It just never updates the icon in fibaro to show it's actual status.

So I decided to find out what the available Z-Wave parameters were, I looked around on the internet and I cannot find any.  So I decided to try the last attempt with Yale, this time emailing them thinking I may get more useful information and help that way.  I sent them an email explaining that I was aware that Fibaro wasn't a supported platform and that all I needed was a list of the Available Z-Wave parameters so that I could experiment and get it working properly.  The typical absolutely bloody useless reply came back from them and simply said "I am sorry – Fibaro is not one of our smart partners, I am sorry we are not able to support this product or it’s connectivity" no use what so ever to man nor beast!  From having spoken to them, it does appear that they don't really have the knowledge to help with anything more technical than getting it included / excluded from a supported system.  Anything further than that and they can't help.  Pretty poor from such a large company really.

If anybody manages to find what parameters are available or if anybody knows a way to get them forth device, please do let me know, I'm sure this thing can work, we just need to know its' parameters to setup proper reporting.

Out of sheer curiosity, I just excluded from my fibaro and included to my Vera, it does exactly the same thing on Vera Plus, it includes fine and functions correctly, what it doesn't do is update the the status icon, exactly the same issue as the Fibaro.  I've contacted Vera to see if they can help, if it's the same issue, my experience of Vera support is very prompt and extremely helpful.  So I expect Vera will get it sorted much quicker than Fibaro if it's able to be sorted.

Watch this space!