Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Paradox EVO integration

Pierrev

Question

Hi,

I have a Paradox EVO192 alarm system and would like to know if anybody managed to successfully integrate a Paradox system with HC2 via IP150 module or the PRT3 module. I have seen older forum discussions regarding Paradox, but have not seen any resolution

I do know that a plugin exist for Vera (via PRT3). but are more likely to buy the Fibaro HC2 than the Vera products

Please assist

1 minute ago, Robert Folbigg said:

Jamie,

I only sell Paradox so I can’t really speak. For anything else. If you already have a Paradox installed it would be cheaper to add a PRT3 and Vera to your network than to replace your whole alarm system. The Vera can be hidden away and only used to bridge the Paradox alarm to the Fibaro, so you will still be using your Fibaro to control everything.

Having a Vera on the network I have found is quite useful as often Vera has better support for some products making it possible to use all of their features in Fibaro with a little coding.

Got it. Thanks again for your sharing!
I'll need to consider which route I should go with then...

I do have a iTach Flex with RS232, can it link to PRT3?

2 minutes ago, jamietang said:

Got it. Thanks again for your sharing!
I'll need to consider which route I should go with then...

I do have a iTach Flex with RS232, can it link to PRT3?

It sure can. You will need a PRT3 installed and then you can integrate with Fibaro directly. This is the more difficult route to choose as you need to implement a lot of code for the Fibaro integration to work however it works really well and is worth it.

@Robert Folbigg

Thanks! That's both good and bad news to me. Haha good news is at least I dont need to buy new device, bad news is I dont really know how to code.. lol

Just googled and found this document. Is this the info that programmer need to create the VD?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Nothing news 

Home Assistant hat integration with Paradox alarm:

Please login or register to see this link.