Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Amazon Echo Integration

raymccarthy

Question

I've just bought myself a six pack of the new Amazon Echo Rev 2 devices.  Everything I have read about them indicates that they are brilliant, and will be even better when they are integrated with Sonos in the next few weeks.

The biggest issue seems to be HC2 integration.

BWS Systems 

Please login or register to see this link.

has kindly developed a HUE/Vera bridge which can be used with Fibaro but it requires manual configuration of every device.  Fortunately I found that the team at Domotics has coded a branch of the solution which actually scan and configures HC2 devices.

Please login or register to see this link.

They offer a downloadable jar file, but even better, they offer a preconfigured raspberry pi solution for plug and play installation.

I can't wait to try my new toys when they arrive from the US in the next few weeks!

Thanks Domitics for making the setup so easy!

not sure if you have seen this - I also just did .... there is now an official Fibaro Alexa skill 

@FibaroTeam.

A big thank you

cheers

Erik

There is?  I looked a couple of days ago and nothing came up!  I shall have to go have another look :)

Thanks.

Guest fat

Perfect timing. I am on holidays and have just had 3 Echo Dot's arrive to my hotel. I will be setting them up as soon as I get home

Looks like it doesn't give the option to use a sub user account which means it imports all manor of stuff you don't want in there!  Anybody know how to make it selective about what it imports please?

2 hours ago, CelticWebs said:

Looks like it doesn't give the option to use a sub user account which means it imports all manor of stuff you don't want in there!  Anybody know how to make it selective about what it imports please?

you can choose the option "forget" for the devices you don't want to use

until someone shouts: alexa discover

Hi Aktar,

Yes thats what I've done for a few of them.  I did a quick test and put a light in HABridge and a direct Fibaro one in the same group and turned the group on via Alexa, the speed difference is very noticeable.  I'd say 2 seconds or so.  So I'm going to keep most of my lights on the Bridge but will see how we go :)

Thanks,