Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HC2 constantly drops internet connection

dondi

Question

Hey all

I just got my new HC2 a few days ago.

my modules are all configured in the system,

My problem is that my HC2 is dropping (and after a few min. reconnecting) the internet connection (the 3rd light on the device turns off)

when there is no internet connection I can't connect to HC2. not from PC browser and not from the phone/tablet app.

Any help will be welcome

• Replace the cable.
  • Check if another device has the same I address. for instance, switch the HC2 off then try to 'ping' it from your pc or mac.
  • Check your router / firewall logs and rules. The HC2 makes connections to Fibaro datacenter and other public service. The 3rd LED lights if these are accessible. Not likely the problem, because you say if the LED is off, the HC2 can't be contacted locally.

• Inquirer
  • thanks for the quick reply

I've noticed that HC2 was connected to a switch. I've reconnected it directly to the router.

I'll report back If the problem persist

Did you ever resolve this, my HCL won’t reconnect after it senses no internet even once internet is re-established. 

Hi sarf77, 

did you solved your issue? I have the same behavior with my HC2. It won’t reconnect after it loses the internet connection, even if the internet connection is back on. 

Thank you!

BR,

Alex

No I never resolved this Alex. My HCL is now a slave so not as critical. I am about to switch the PowerPoint it runs off from a relay controlled by the hc2 master. This way I can have a schedule that resets it after a power out after say ten minutes once internet is restored. My HC2 resets no problem at all on the same network. 

Ok. Thanks for the answer. It is strange that my HC2 is doing this and I do no have at the moment a solution for it. I have the bad luck to have the issue always when I am away from home over the weekend and I do not have the possibility to restart it. 

I had the same problem last Saturday. I rebooted it and on sunday it occurred again. I rebooted the HC2 and the router. So far it’s behaving itself. I just assumed it was me. 

Thanks for the response. I had the issue again last weekend. On Sunday I have restarted both HC2 and Router. Until now it did not occurred again, but I did not had any internet connection issues. I assume it will happen again by the first internet connection problem. 

Guest dacianova

I have the same problem ;( 

It is very annoying especially when you are away from home!!!

YUP, same story here, especially since upgrading to the latest version.

LE: please use the vote question button at the the top!

Edited by TheAlphonso

Hi,

I also have this problem.

In the past I would lose internet connection every 3 or 4 months.

Over the past 2 months it is happening every week, or more.

My solution, which works every time, is to switch off and reboot.

This is really not acceptable.

Is it not possible to run a scene that can run an internal test, say every 5 minutes, to see if the HC2 has an internet connection and if no internet connection to perform a reboot?

I would love to know how to write such a scene.

(Running firmware 4.532beta)

Thanks

Mine seems to have fixed itself. Perhaps there was a resolution in the latest firmware upgrade 

On 6/1/2019 at 10:06 PM, Thelastviking said:

I have the same problem and have had it for a while, the only solution is to reboot after i have rebooted the router..

same problem here.

I can confirm I have this issue, if the internet drops, but shortly after it recovers I can no longer connect to the HC2 and I need to reboot it. It's strange since HC2 it's connected to an enterprise grade network and it's fault tolerance is awful, but in the end what can you expect from Fibaro products?

Edited by abpostelnicu