Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

fibaro single relay - self activating

morpheus75

i have a client who has a single relay connected to the garage door actuator. it is setup as an auto off to enable him to mimic his remote control to open and close the garage door.

the problem is the garage door opens at random times.  he has assured me that the remote is safe and no one has pressed it, also no one has pressed the button through the fibaro interface, web or app.

i set up the 'save logs' section and can see that it is definitely the relay that has activated.

so question has anyone else experienced these 'ghostly' activations????

thanks

16 godzin temu, morpheus75 napisał:

i have a client who has a single relay connected to the garage door actuator. it is setup as an auto off to enable him to mimic his remote control to open and close the garage door.

the problem is the garage door opens at random times.  he has assured me that the remote is safe and no one has pressed it, also no one has pressed the button through the fibaro interface, web or app.

i set up the 'save logs' section and can see that it is definitely the relay that has activated.

so question has anyone else experienced these 'ghostly' activations????

thanks

Hello,

Is it FGS-212 or FGS-213? Does he have any scene using the device?

• Topic Author
  • hi

its the FGS212 - apologies i thought i wrote in the text but i only wrote in the tag.

not used in any scene

Edited by morpheus75

• 2 weeks later...
    Dnia 28.10.2016 o 18:45, morpheus75 napisał:

hi

its the FGS212 - apologies i thought i wrote in the text but i only wrote in the tag.

not used in any scene

Hello,

What remote your client uses?

Did your client set any associations to the FGS212?

• Topic Author
  • Hi

we have worked out what caused it. it was the homebridge that we created for voice control by amazon echo. once we removed the entry it has not self activated since.

Thanks for llooking into this