Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

How to use HCL for a garage of 3unit appartment

pooya.zamani1@yahoo.com

Question

Hello

I want to use one HCL to have smock sensors and switch actuators in garage and want to add this HCL to 3 different HC2 of 3 different units.

How can it possible ?

I think If I have a static IP for HCL, then I can add this IP with a same username/password/pin code  to each of HC2 separately. IS it true ?

anyone knows anythings in this field ?

Sincerely yours

SmART

4 answers to this question

The topic has been moved from "

Please login or register to see this link.

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".

Guest FredrikKarlsson

I'm a bit confused. Simple answer - sure, it seems likely that each unit can have one separate HC2, and then connect to the HCL operating in the garage. Seems reasonable.

I suspect however that you need to connect them all to the same Fibaro remote access account then if you need remote access, as I know that one HC may not belong to  more than one external access account.

I recently bought a pre-owned HCL, so I know that you first then need to de-associate it from the old account before I could add it to my account.

I guess the units are too large for you to have just one HC2 or something like that, and work with hotel mode?

• Inquirer
  • 53 minutes ago, FredrikKarlsson said:

I'm a bit confused. Simple answer - sure, it seems likely that each unit can have one separate HC2, and then connect to the HCL operating in the garage. Seems reasonable.

I suspect however that you need to connect them all to the same Fibaro remote access account then if you need remote access, as I know that one HC may not belong to  more than one external access account.

I recently bought a pre-owned HCL, so I know that you first then need to de-associate it from the old account before I could add it to my account.

I guess the units are too large for you to have just one HC2 or something like that, and work with hotel mode?

Actually hotel mode need wiring.

I am searching for wireless way.

Dnia 31.10.2016 o 17:09, [email protected] napisał:

Hello

I want to use one HCL to have smock sensors and switch actuators in garage and want to add this HCL to 3 different HC2 of 3 different units.

How can it possible ?

Hello,

It is possible. There are no limits concerning the number of master gateway to which you can link a slave gateway. But, I believe that it may be a very complicated to keep it clean. You may have problems in associations and scenes as there may be conflicts among master gateways.