Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Newbie Question: LUA IDE?

LeeSteventon

Question

Apologies for the newbie question but, is there a LUA IDE application / tool already available, or does everyone tend to use the one they feel comfortable with?

3 answers to this question

2 hours ago, LeeSteventon said:

Apologies for the newbie question but, is there a LUA IDE application / tool already available, or does everyone tend to use the one they feel comfortable with?

HI,

There is no fibaro IDE for lua. It's a scripting language so any text editor would work. I use Notepad++ but have heard others use Zerobraine

42 minutes ago, LeeSteventon said:

Hi @LeeSteventon,

I use 

Please login or register to see this link.

and there is also 

Please login or register to see this link.

as addition to ZeroBrane that brings testing of scripts in ZeroBrane! Must have!

• Inquirer
  • Hi Frank and Sankotronic,

Many thanks for your replies. I guess like all things, everyone has their own preferences. For me as a newbie / beginner I like to get as much help and assistance as I can get (these forums being an excellent source of that!)

I've dabbled with C# in the past to try and get a basic understanding of developing and udes Microsoft's Visual Studio tools to do that in. I have recently checked if these support LUA and unfortunately, it seems that they do not our of the box, bet there does seems to be a MS developed plugin for LUA.

Has anyone got any experience of that?

Lee