Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

start Scene from lua

riemers

Question

I really have a feeling someone will reply and i feel stupid... but..

How do you call a scene so it will start from a VD? fibaro:call(id,'start') doesn't work, and i can't really see examples for it.

7 answers to this question

GET /api/sceneControl?id=111&action=start HTTP/1.10x0D0x0AHost: 127.0.0.10x0D0x0AAuthorization: Basic <username:password>=0x0D0x0A0x0D0x0A

where id = the id of your scene
where <username:password> is your username + : + password which you need to encode (see below url).

Please login or register to see this link.

BTW : be carefull with spaces in a vd if you copy past above string. Remove any space manually and add it again.

• Inquirer
  • @Tor Magnus Thanks, i knew it was something silly, i was looking at fibaro:call all the time, but sometimes searching on the internet doesn't find a lot, just random pieces.

• Inquirer
  • That helps too, but it lacks more user examples and more options. If i look at that page it says json.encode/decode is only in VD, while i have it working just fine in a Scene. So it needs a update too. I think push notifications direct where introduced too, which isn't added either.

It's also missing the "events" trigger. Unfortunately there is the same problem on 

Please login or register to see this link.

but that user interface is worse, but on the plus side there are more examples there.

I don't think anyone could argue that the official fibaro documentation doesn't  leave somewhat to be desired.

• Inquirer
  • Didn't check the developer.fibaro.com for a while, but going through the documentation and having to scroll up and down while .. well you know what i mean, its horrible. Also a bit weird that there are examples of how to make a plugin while you cannot use them yet. Its like giving you a Ferrari and parking it at your front door, but you never get the keys.