Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Migration Guide HCL to HC2

francisco

Hi there,

I´m speaking for many users who bought the HCL on an early stage and now there is a need to switch to the HC2. I cannot understand why Fibaro is not working on a supported way to migrate de HCL. They would sell a lot of HC2, because so many people are waiting and nobody wants to start from scratch, especially when you have a lot of relais....

There should be an Fibaro-Supported Thread in this Forum.

@fibaro what do you think?

• 2 weeks later...

+10.

+1 from me and +9 from customers.

@T.Konopka Does something like migration exist? Can features in screenshot below be used for it? Is there some guide to accomplish that?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Topic Author
  • 16 minutes ago, jakub.jezek said:

+10.

+1 from me and +9 from customers.

@T.Konopka Does something like migration exist? Can features in screenshot below be used for it? Is there some guide to accomplish that?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

where can I find this "Controller Transfer" section?

Hello,

The 'Controller Transfer" function is used when you want to add another controller to your network and you want it to become the main one.

Also, we are discussing the idea of migration from HCL to HC2. We have to know what we require in order to achieve it.

• Topic Author
  • 5 minutes ago, T.Konopka said:

Hello,

The 'Controller Transfer" function is used when you want to add another controller to your network and you want it to become the main one.

Also, we are discussing the idea of migration from HCL to HC2. We have to know what we require in order to achieve it.

Ok...Tell you something. Many, many people are waiting for a Migration HCL to HC2. 

What are you waiting for? You can sell so many more HC2..

2 minutes ago, T.Konopka said:

Hello,

Well there are some possibilities, correct me if it is not possible.

If controller is brand new (HC2) and you want to change your current controller (HCL).

Then simplest way could be:

1. to add secondary controller for getting network ID
    2. Press a button to assign Lifeline association group to ID of new controller
    3. Set new controller as a master one.
    4. Shutdown of current controller.
    5. Broadcast Node info to get response from all devices.

• Topic Author
  • 20 hours ago, jakub.jezek said:

Well there are some possibilities, correct me if it is not possible.

If controller is brand new (HC2) and you want to change your current controller (HCL).

Then simplest way could be:

1. to add secondary controller for getting network ID
    2. Press a button to assign Lifeline association group to ID of new controller
    3. Set new controller as a master one.
    4. Shutdown of current controller.
    5. Broadcast Node info to get response from all devices.

I think the most dificult point is the "pairing" between relais and controller. They exchange during pairing theire IDs. I do not know how the relais save this IDs, but for me the simplest way should be transfer the controller ID during migration and after them assign a new one to the "transferred" controller.

45 minutes ago, francisco said:

I think the most dificult point is the "pairing" between relais and controller. They exchange during pairing theire IDs. I do not know how the relais save this IDs, but for me the simplest way should be transfer the controller ID during migration and after them assign a new one to the "transferred" controller.

IDs of devices are stored in some table. They are in some MySQL table, XML file or in some file in HEX format.

@T.Konopka, can you tell us more about where device IDs are stored? We do not have a root access so we cannot harm it. But it can give us ideas, how migration can be accomplished.

Hello,

8 minutes ago, jakub.jezek said:

IDs of devices are stored in some table. They are in some MySQL table, XML file or in some file in HEX format.

@T.Konopka, can you tell us more about where device IDs are stored? We do not have a root access so we cannot harm it. But it can give us ideas, how migration can be accomplished.

Maybe API? ;-) We do not offer an option to export such data to a file. But I believe that it is technically achievable.

• Topic Author
  • 31 minutes ago, T.Konopka said:

Hello,

Maybe API? ;-) We do not offer an option to export such data to a file. But I believe that it is technically achievable.

hey, it is software, not a miracle.

If I were your Sales Manager would be standing to your site until it is archived! I spent much time reading forums and many many people have the same question. How do I migrate from HCL to HC2.

I have about 50 Relais build in. I do not want to uncover all switches....

This should be Prio 1 for you!

19 hours ago, T.Konopka said:

Hello,

OK, so it is "nodeId" property in each master device, right? But network ID (home ID) should be stored somewhere too. And if it writable file, then you need somehow to read it. And what i googled on Openhab, then it should be some file full of HEX characters. And Fibaro is programmed in Lua, so i think if developers come up wit some function to get remotely on file, store home ID in variable and overwrite home ID in local unit. But this is just one of processes.

Or you can do something else, what can be more better. Old unit loads home ID of new unit. Then it force change home ID into all its Z-Wave devices. New unit then loads devices into routing table or file where ids of devices are kept and Broadcast node info. And according that info, it sets parameters at least to default.

On 30. 3. 2017 at 0:45 PM, francisco said:

hey, it is software, not a miracle.

If I were your Sales Manager would be standing to your site until it is archived! I spent much time reading forums and many many people have the same question. How do I migrate from HCL to HC2.

I have about 50 Relais build in. I do not want to uncover all switches....

This should be Prio 1 for you!

If you have connected switches (momentary or toggle) to them, you do not need to uncover them.

• Topic Author
  • 1 hour ago, jakub.jezek said:

If you have connected switches (momentary or toggle) to them, you do not need to uncover them.

I do have it....may it really works?

@T.Konopka: I have to admit that the migration is also a big issue for me. So I really hope for a technical solution like exporting-migrating-importing from HCL to HC2.

@francisco: Please, be patient with the guys from Fibaro..there are many Prio1 issues in the forum :-) (but in general I am absolutely at your side)

3 hours ago, francisco said:

I do have it....may it really works?

If your switches are connected to S1 terminal on Fibaro actor, then it is no problem. It is described in manual.

• If you have momentary switches connected then you just need press them 3x.
    • If you have Toggle switches and actor is turned off, then you need turn it: ON -> OFF -> ON -> OFF -> ON -> OFF by a toggle switch.

• Topic Author
  • On ‎31‎.‎03‎.‎2017 at 8:49 PM, jakub.jezek said:

If your switches are connected to S1 terminal on Fibaro actor, then it is no problem. It is described in manual.

• If you have momentary switches connected then you just need press them 3x.
    • If you have Toggle switches and actor is turned off, then you need turn it: ON -> OFF -> ON -> OFF -> ON -> OFF by a toggle switch.

First try does not work :(

the problem is also a lot of Roller shutter :(

Common Fibaro... Need migration tool!

Edited by francisco

• 3 weeks later...
  • Topic Author
  • ok....did it by hand.... module after module.. reset/exclude and include. It took soooo long, thank you Fibaro for not providing a solution for this.

As I mentioned before...you are loosing money, because there are many people on HCL who wants to change to the HC2, but do not want to spent so much time and maybe money on it.

• Like 1