Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro RGBW module - an RGB strip with an analog temperature sensor

morscerta

Hi.

I have a Fibaro RGBW module that I connected to a RGB strip (note that there is no +W). I use a Raspberry Pi + Domoticz + Aeon Z-Wave Stick as a controller. Everything worked fine. Then I connected an analog temperature sensor LM35DZ that outputs 0-10V, so theoretically should work well with RGBW module. I attach a scheme of how I connected the modules.

RGB color-changing functionality still works, however I seemingly can't figure out how to read a temperature/voltage from the sensor. I understand that the trick is in properly defining a parameter 14. I tried a number of different versions of parameter 14 that I found on the Internet or deduced myself. I can't get anything to work, including 39320 which I think should be the correct one (1001-1001-1001-1000, all normal monostable out, in4 analog in).

I don't need any switches, I want to operate RGB through a Domoticz only. Is it possible to operate an RGB strip at the same time with analog 0-10V sensor? How should I connect and configure the node? What parameter 14 should be like?

Thanks in advance,

m.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

I think p14=39320 is correct. I can't test that right now, but I can certainly say that you *can* define 3 outputs and 1 input.

I think I have an LM35 somewhere, but I havent used it yet. But guessing from the datasheet, this sensor cannot sink current (and can't source much either).

So to get the analog part compatible, you need some kind of buffer.

Discussion + schematics in this topic (schematic in post #8 but I recommend reading the complete topic)

Maybe you're not talking about a "raw" LM35, but rather a circuit board based on the LM35? Because, as far is I can tell, the output of the LM35 is 0.01 V/°C and not 0-10V. In that case, it might be interesting to check the voltage output of the board, when connected to the IN of the RGBW.

If you mean't to say "I can't get it read the input via Domoticz" then I'm afraid I can't be of any help...