Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Unknown Shutter Position - Recalibrate

Lenny212

Question

Hi, each time I use the roller shutter HC2 reports Unknown Shutter Position reported, please recalibrate it. How do I do this?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

11 answers to this question

what shutter you got? Fibaro?

7 minutes ago, Lenny212 said:

The Shutter Controller is Fibaro, yes

Did you calibrate shutter after inclusion?

• Inquirer
  • Yes but I don't have two momentary switches (one for up and one for down) I have a single toggle switch with up, stop and down. Stop no longer works, when it is moving up I have to toggle switch to down to stop the shutter and vice versa. Where the instructions say I should press the button 3 times for more than 3 seconds, I am not sure that this is working. I am wondering if two momentary switches are required for a roller shutter controller to work properly.

What does calibrating the shutter do? Do you need to press the down wall switch button 3 times when the shutter is in the down position to tell the HC2 that this is down? Or can you do this when the shutter is in any position and moves down as you press and hold the down button 3 times.

• Inquirer
  • I am not sure I have the confidence to do this.

The HC2 has forgotten another shutter controller and refuses to detect it. I have turned house power off, set HC2 to detect new device and turned house power back on, and nothing.

17 hours ago, Lenny212 said:

I am not sure I have the confidence to do this.

The HC2 has forgotten another shutter controller and refuses to detect it. I have turned house power off, set HC2 to detect new device and turned house power back on, and nothing.

Lenny I can see you are having a few issues. We all started here once so I know the issues when you dont understand whats going on.

Have  you done some reading in Elearning yet? Make time to do this because it will help. 

Sometimes the modules dont load correctly and as @Jacek Stark said you have to exclude them from the system and then reinclude.

From your earlier posts you seem to be having issues with signal strength. Did you google about your new  extender? I did and there is some stuff re set up there online.

You also could buy a longer network cable to get the HC2 closer to the installed  module your trying to include. Good signal is really important at this set up stage, once you have some other modules installed and set up the signal should get better.  The more you play around with HC2 and do more reading it will get easier.

@Lenny212

Also you may have already seen this but...if you click on "knowledge" tab at top of forum header ... goto manuals but click on the "more"button and there are a couple of "how to"videos  on shutter module there and much better instructions than the one that comes with unit.

Hi there, did you manage to solve your issue @Lenny212 ?
    I have similar problem than you:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

I made hundred of tests, exclusion, inclusion, parameters, I still can't manage to get ride of that problem...

If you have the solution, I want it ! :-)))

My initial problem is there, I search Google everywhere to find a solution (Fibaro support proposed me to update FIBARO, but it's already done)

Please login or register to see this link.

Fly