Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[VD] HC2 Icon preview {v1.0}

Sankotronic

Question

[VD] HC2 Icon preview v2.1

Dear Fibaro friends!

As you know, the worst part of importing and setting up virtual devices is finding icons ID's. How many times you noticed my VD's here with beautiful icons ;-)  , but when you imported it all beauty is gone and there is just that ugly, blue box :-( And then even when you manage to import those beautiful icons of mine :-D then what? In code you have to setup some iconID but where to find that?

Well, the time finally came to put us all to the end of that misery!!! Here it is, HC2 Icon Preview VD in its glory:

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

This latest version can be found here for download:

Enjoy coding! :-) 

Edited by Sankotronic
New version published in download section
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Inquirer
  • 39 minutes ago, Bodyart said:

Did You happen to have an apropriate icon for this?

If you mean that icon on the picture of the VD then nope, I assembled it quickly for it :-P 

@Sankotronic: Your link for "[VD] HC2 Icon Preview 1.0" is now linking to "[VD] Weather State v2.0" in your profile...

Thnx again for your new VD :-)

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by Ibie

• Inquirer
  • 23 minutes ago, Ibie said:

@Sankotronic: Your link for "[VD] HC2 Icon Preview 1.0" is now linking to "[VD] Weather State v2.0" in your profile...

Thnx again for your new VD :-)

Thank you @Ibie for pointing out! I will correct link.

@Sankotronic, I like your Icon previewer.

Only one thing ...  Could you share the icon of it which is visible on the screenshot of your first post

... thank you in advance

• Inquirer
  • 3 minutes ago, gucio1234 said:

@Sankotronic, I like your Icon previewer.

Only one thing ...  Could you share the icon of it which is visible on the screenshot of your first post

... thank you in advance

Hi @gucio1234,

just added icon to the first post!

Thank you for sharing this VD!

A suggestion for a possible improvement: If I access the HC remotely the VD doesn't display the icons. Inspecting the missing picture URL I can see that it tries to load the image in my remote browser using the internal LAN url of the HC. 

It works perfectly If I'm connecting within the same LAN as the HC gateway. 

• Inquirer
  • 31 minutes ago, smprofx said:

Thank you for sharing this VD!

A suggestion for a possible improvement: If I access the HC remotely the VD doesn't display the icons. Inspecting the missing picture URL I can see that it tries to load the image in my remote browser using the internal LAN url of the HC. 

It works perfectly If I'm connecting within the same LAN as the HC gateway. 

Hi @smprofx,

This was one quick small project I did yesterday. Since I'm always connected locally to my HC when I work on it, remote connection didn't came to my mind :-(. So, yes, since VD is using local link to icons it won't show them when connected remotely from other local network.

At the moment I don't plan to expand this possibility since it would take me too much valuable time to find out how to get temporary key that is generated during remote session.

They should add a option to the icons so you can "name" them. Or better yet, be able to backup/restore it with the correct names (with the vd/scene/etc) other then that, nice work sankotronic.

i created virtual device for upload Icon automatic and save id first in Global variable.

so,We can create all virual device with default of icon ID .

we can share Icon and reupload virtual device .

Edited by annhan91
    • Like 1

Thanks @Sankotronic

For the next version would it be possible to add the option to delete a custom icon

I have a lot of custom icons that are showing blank and having this option in your VD would make deleting them a lot easier

• Inquirer
  • 34 minutes ago, AutoFrank said:

Thanks @Sankotronic

For the next version would it be possible to add the option to delete a custom icon

I have a lot of custom icons that are showing blank and having this option in your VD would make deleting them a lot easier

Hi @AutoFrank,

if @annhan91 agrees I can use some of his code to add more functions to Icon preview VD.

Thanks for all your hard work @Sankotronic

Where do you set the icon ID in a Virtual Device code once you know what icon you want to use?  (And why doesn't the HC2 remember the one you choose through the UI?  This has alway pissed me off)

10 minutes ago, clowg said:

Thanks for all your hard work @Sankotronic

Where do you set the icon ID in a Virtual Device code once you know what icon you want to use?  (And why doesn't the HC2 remember the one you choose through the UI?  This has alway pissed me off)

Hi @clowg

You set it as follows in the main loop

Please login or register to see this code.

some people have selfid instead of device but it's just a local variable so you could call it anything

1960 is the icon you get from @Sankotronic cool VD-f