Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro / Alexa Integration plans ...

AutoFrank

Hi @T.Konopka & @M.Baranowski

I have 5 echo dots waiting for the Fibaro integration/plugin/solution.

Could you indicate if it is still on the roadmap and when approximately you would expect to release it.

I have been trying to stick with the Fibaro official devices and solutions but would like to move forward with voice control.

I am trying to decide if I wait further or start installing HA bridge.

More and more domotic providers are announcing compatability (picture below is from ISE2017 in Feb last.) and I think it would elevate the already great Fibaro offering to a new level.

Thanks

-f

Please login or register to see this attachment.

I have the same question and expectation.

Please, Fibaro, can you tell us some good news ?

The topic has been moved from "

Please login or register to see this link.

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".

• Topic Author
  • 17 minutes ago, T.Konopka said:

Hello,

Nothing changed since my last post about this:

We are still waiting.

Thanks @T.Konopka

My understanding is the that the certification is requested after the development work is complete - correct ?? (which would mean we are closer)

Am I correct in assuming that Alexa support would be released along with a new firmware release

Would it be possible to reach out to Amazon to understand if there is a delay

There are a lot of people excited about this for fibaro :-)

1 minute ago, T.Konopka said:

We are still waiting.

Please, could somebody from Fibaro ask Amazon where is a delay?

Guys, we are doing everything according to our schedule. I am sure that we have already reached out to Amazon regarding the case, but I am not the one who contacted Amazon so simply I do not know what or if there was any answer.

@AutoFrank, we are definitely closer but we still have to wait. It will not be introduced in the next release - I am sure about that. But, we will do our best to implement it as soon as we receive positive feedback on the certification.

• Topic Author
  • 3 minutes ago, T.Konopka said:

Guys, we are doing everything according to our schedule. I am sure that we have already reached out to Amazon regarding the case, but I am not the one who contacted Amazon so simply I do not know what or if there was any answer.

@AutoFrank, we are definitely closer but we still have to wait. It will not be introduced in the next release - I am sure about that. But, we will do our best to implement it as soon as we receive positive feedback on the certification.

Thanks @T.Konopka

great to see we are closer and glad it is still on the roadmap :-)

BTW - Do you have a FW release roadmap that can be shared publicly on the forum ?

30 minutes ago, T.Konopka said:

@AutoFrank, you know that I can't do that ;)

OK, i will ask for some "bone". Will be next update in April?

Also i see in REST API this: "alexaProhibited": true,

So i think, that in the May update will be Alexa functional in Fibaro.

• Topic Author
  • Complete list of AWS Echo commands

Guest fat
    On 18/04/2017 at 0:36 AM, T.Konopka said:

The official Fibaro Alexa skill is now available in the Alexa app. I am away right now so I can't give it a go though

I'm going to give this a try tomorrow and see how it works.....on a side note I am almost finished developing a complete solution based on a Raspberry Pi, that will give you connectivity to an Amazon Echo (locally) not using cloud services, along with iOS HomeKit integration and Harmony Hub all in once device, that will find all devices and allow you to specify Fibaro Devices/Scenes that can be published to Echo, and also find Harmony Hub's their activities and automatically add them to Fibaro directly (auto-creation of the VD, with direct control of the Hub, again not via the Logitech cloud service)...if anyone is interested in it ?? Plug it into your network and then perform a few simple config steps and away you go.

Guest fat
    42 minutes ago, Tonyb_AU said:

I'm going to give this a try tomorrow and see how it works.....on a side note I am almost finished developing a complete solution based on a Raspberry Pi, that will give you connectivity to an Amazon Echo (locally) not using cloud services, along with iOS HomeKit integration and Harmony Hub all in once device, that will find all devices and allow you to specify Fibaro Devices/Scenes that can be published to Echo, and also find Harmony Hub's their activities and automatically add them to Fibaro directly (auto-creation of the VD, with direct control of the Hub, again not via the Logitech cloud service)...if anyone is interested in it ?? Plug it into your network and then perform a few simple config steps and away you go.

Running locally would make responses very quick. I could be interested depending on how difficult it is to set up

• Topic Author
  • 1 hour ago, fat said:

Running locally would make responses very quick. I could be interested depending on how difficult it is to set up

@Tonyb_AU

Also interested here ..... 

Thanks 

4 hours ago, fat said:

The official Fibaro Alexa skill is now available in the Alexa app. I am away right now so I can't give it a go though

Thanks @fat

Great find 

2 hours ago, jojo1967 said:

In the german Alexa App I still can´t find the Fibaro skil. What am I doing wrong?

There is no German version yet.

I would be more than interested in a option to get alexa up and working. Honestly i hate the way everything is going to cloud. I think everything should be controlled locally as Internet is unreliable at best. My experience with Fibaro has been less than stellar so far, I live in fear of updates as I seem to gain a bugfix and then get new bugs. I dont understand how there can be so many problems with a dedicated system. if you do get the Pi unit working count me in. I feel that if I wait for Fibaro to get there plugin sorted it probly wont be bug free eg I dropped a $300.00 on a Nest thermostate because it worked with HomeCentre to then find out they have halted the plugin. 3 firmware Updates later and the plugin still isnt available, I mean Really do they realize that this stuff controls peoples houses. Sorry for the rant but I was originally on the forums looking for a solution to the 503 error now occuring  after the 4.120 update.