Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Unusual LAN activity at night

AutoFrank

Question

Hi

I was looking through the messages from my lan monitor and came across a few interesting anomalies. My Humax Sat receiver connects each night at 3 to update the EPG but I know this is normal as I'm running custom firmware. I also spotted that my sat box is not part of my shutdown routine and that's easy to rectify. I'm also not picking up on the internet coming back online so I'll need to look at why. I recently connected an Echo Dot and that seems to sleep at no real definable pattern so I must watch that more closely.

The real mystery are two Sony TV's of different vintages seem to go online and then offline during the night but I'm not sure why. I have another TV (samsung) , bluray player, etc that seem to stay offline until I next use them

Does anybody else have any similar activity to this on their networks ?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

2 answers to this question

Just now, AutoFrank said:

Does anybody else have any similar activity to this on their networks ?

Hi Frank,

Yes I a can see my newish SAMSUNG TV "transact" with my network when it is turned off.  I have no idea why.

I have 3 echo Dot devices.  2 of them ALWAYS stay connected but thee 3rd one is yet to show on my network.  It works and is always as available as the other 2.  The local settings in all 3 are identical.

L

@AutoFrank Just one silly question: SamsungTV is calling home with the stats ?

@lennypenny My Echo (no dot) fells asleep from time to time (LAN-Monitor "Echo is offline")

Edited by Orgli