Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Swiid inline cord switch issues

AutoFrank

Question

Hi @tecmatic, @stevenvd, @joamlin, @cuprum, @acasanova @UrSv

From what I read on the forum all or some of you have experience with this device

I really liked the look and they are perfect for lamps and as such I have 7 of them and have been mostly happy with them.

I have always has a few issues where they appeared dead but since 4.120 this seems to have gotten much worse and an exclude/include doesn't seem to resolve

I'm running fw 1.82 on the cord switches

I looked for templates but couldn't find them and the advanced tab didn't have a section to all manually

is anybody else experiencing these issues and are they are any suggested solutions ?

Thanks

-f

2 answers to this question

Guest cuprum

HoI!

From my side - i use 3 of them and discovered, that the "stoning" is related with neighbors by electrical or Z net. Actually suspecting electrical one, as have two different spots physically quite nearby, but they have different power lines.

My setup contains two "good" and one "bad" spot. And, if i swap the switches with each-other, then the bad spot stays in same location. One more interesting (mysterious) thing is, that the firmware upgrade of Fibaros wall plug (nearby of Swiid)  reduces frequency of black-outs two-three times.

About templates - yes, i do not have the "named variables" also, BUT at least HC is not complaining and keeping the <censored> message about missing templates in my notification box.

PS. Moderator, can You pls. move my reply into main thread - aft. answering by message noted, that there is another exactly similar one.

Edited by cuprum
Noticed double thread

• Inquirer
  • 4 hours ago, cuprum said:

HoI!

From my side - i use 3 of them and discovered, that the "stoning" is related with neighbors by electrical or Z net. Actually suspecting electrical one, as have two different spots physically quite nearby, but they have different power lines.

My setup contains two "good" and one "bad" spot. And, if i swap the switches with each-other, then the bad spot stays in same location. One more interesting (mysterious) thing is, that the firmware upgrade of Fibaros wall plug (nearby of Swiid)  reduces frequency of black-outs two-three times.

About templates - yes, i do not have the "named variables" also, BUT at least HC is not complaining and keeping the <censored> message about missing templates in my notification box.

PS. Moderator, can You pls. move my reply into main thread - aft. answering by message noted, that there is another exactly similar one.

Thanks @caprum

That's interesting..

Neighbours aren't a problem for me but I do have one lamp that always worked but I put that down 'that switch being good ... I might try swapping them.