Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro Rollershutter - regular loosing position information

Markus99

Question

Hello,

I am new here. Therefore sorry in case  my issue was already discussed in the past.

So if so, thanks for information where to navigate :-)

What is my issue?

I am running OpenHab 2 with a bunch of Fibaro Rollershutter 2. I can calibrate all the devices without any issue.

Now I developed an automation rule to open/close the blinds at a certain time. This is working fine so far. But regularly one or the other blind is loosing the its position information.

It is not always the same device. After re-calibration every thing works fine again for a couple of days.  

How do I detect this?

User inteface (slider element) shows the wrong information. Retrieving position of rollershutter device tells for example 30% open but blind is opened completely.

Since my rule is depending on the position information (e.g. close only if not already closed for 75%) this is causing some trouble.

I would be happy about any advice what might is wrong in the system.

5 answers to this question

Hey Markus,

ever found a solution? I experience the same problem with both my rollershutter. Strange enough it worked flawless for some time...?

Thanks!

Hey guys!

Do you have many blinds connected to one Roller Shutter 2? 

@Zoid79, do you use our Home Center, or similarly as topic starter, something else?

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. 

I have always only one blind connected. I'm also running OpenHab with a Razberry as Z-wave controller.

As said, it was working in the same setup (except for some updates) for over a year. I was just wondering if there is some parameter I could adjust to keep the calibration. I just changed parameter 18 to meet the actual power usage of my rollershutter shutter (145 W operating, 0 when limit reached; set parameter now to 135 W). Lowering the motor operation time (parameter 22) leads to preliminary stop, changed it to 15s now. But I doubt that these two parameters will help with my problem of losing calibration.

To be more precise: over timer the calibration shifts in that way that position 0 is increasing (e.g. set to 0 but blind is actually at 10, or set to 90 and blind is fully closed (100)).

Thank you,

David

Hi,

is is there any solution or idee what is cousing this "lost of position" issue ? I have 6 rollersHutters 2 and one or perhaps two have similar issues. 

Hi Patrick,

I use a rule as workaround:

A minute after the shutters were opened, they are set again to 0 (full open/up). This helps to keep the positioning information.

Best

David