Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Scenes - "Too many instances"

pwadan

Question

Hi All, 

Probably a really stupid question and i think i know how to resolve this, But with my scenes i get notifications telling me "Too many Instances" - I know on the scene you can type in the max number of instances - however what does this actually mean ?, I can run it more than "2" times or whatever the prescibed max number is. 

I'm assuming this is one of those things you want to set a parameter up that zeros it on a daily basis ? however have no idea how to do this, anyone able to walk me through an example please. 

Thanks in advance 

4 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, pwadan said:

Hi All, 

Probably a really stupid question and i think i know how to resolve this, But with my scenes i get notifications telling me "Too many Instances" - I know on the scene you can type in the max number of instances - however what does this actually mean ?, I can run it more than "2" times or whatever the prescibed max number is. 

I'm assuming this is one of those things you want to set a parameter up that zeros it on a daily basis ? however have no idea how to do this, anyone able to walk me through an example please. 

Thanks in advance 

Hi @pwadan  Have you tried a search on this topic?

There are 87 results ;)

• Inquirer
  • 2 minutes ago, Jamie mccrostie said:

Hi @pwadan  Have you tried a search on this topic?

There are 87 results ;)

Ok figured out why nothing came up when i searched it, it was cause I was searching in a topic and not all content, will have a look through, Thanks !! 

Also nice to see someone else from NZ on here 

Hi @pwadan,

Please, look at document below. It can explain many things about scene instances.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • 22 hours ago, jakub.jezek said:

Hi @pwadan,

Please, look at document below. It can explain many things about scene instances.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Thanks Jakub.Jezek, that guide was really good, made lots of sense and have managed to solve the issue i had with my scenes