Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

New HC Lite

Gman34798

Question

Hi all, 

I have just installed a new HCL and am switching over from Zipato.  Question is, do I need to go and exclude all my devices from the Zipato network before running inclusion with the HCL?  Or, will triggering each device into inclusion mode, and the HCL into inclusion, automatically add the device to the new HCL and unpair  it from the zipato network?

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Gman34798 said:

Hi all, 

I have just installed a new HCL and am switching over from Zipato.  Question is, do I need to go and exclude all my devices from the Zipato network before running inclusion with the HCL?  Or, will triggering each device into inclusion mode, and the HCL into inclusion, automatically add the device to the new HCL and unpair  it from the zipato network?

Thanks!

Hello,

All Z-Wave devices after inclusion hold Home ID (Gateway ID) in their memory, so you need to exclude device from a network first. And does not matter if excludion is made from gateway, that is connected to or different gateway.

That exclusion or unpairing make "factory reset" of that Z-Wave device. So after that you can connect that device to any Z-Wave network you desire.

In creating new Z-Wave network with HCL, you can use NWI (Network wide inclusion) if devices support it and if you need some retranslation there. So i suggest to start with non-battery operated device and include them into Z-Wave network from nearest device to HCL.

• Inquirer
  • Thanks for the clarification Jakub, after running exclusion on several devices, I have them successfully included into the new Fibaro system.  One other quick question.  I have several hard wired wall switches and duplex outlets throughout the house. I can move the Zipato Zipatile around and run the exclusion process on those with no problems.  But they are too far from my HCL to run inclusion.  Short of removing them and rigging up temporary power for them in order to get them close to the HCL, are there any suggestions you may offer?  I have also considered just getting a long ethernet cable and relocating the HCL closer to those.  But this can be a pain as I add future devices that are hardwired.  

On 21. 7. 2017 at 11:35 PM, Gman34798 said:

Thanks for the clarification Jakub, after running exclusion on several devices, I have them successfully included into the new Fibaro system.  One other quick question.  I have several hard wired wall switches and duplex outlets throughout the house. I can move the Zipato Zipatile around and run the exclusion process on those with no problems.  But they are too far from my HCL to run inclusion.  Short of removing them and rigging up temporary power for them in order to get them close to the HCL, are there any suggestions you may offer?  I have also considered just getting a long ethernet cable and relocating the HCL closer to those.  But this can be a pain as I add future devices that are hardwired.  

Hi, sorry for getting to you that late.

Well you can use NWI (Network wide inclusion) inclusion. Basically it is inclusion with retranslation. See image below, where you can find NWI.

Please login or register to see this attachment.