Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Z-wave non configured devices after restarting HC

Sankotronic

Question

No matter how much I was trying to keep Fibaro's side, their HC2 is constantly making me wonder why I do that.

Today again after switching off HC2 to reconnect power supply to another socket and then restarting it, I get again massive number of non configured devices! First time 'only' 61 devices and after second reboot 118 devices where reported non configured. With that big number of devices not working any more it is like I don't have HA any more.

And I'm big idiot not to do backup before doing this socket change! Now I have to restore last backup and do some devices inclusion and all other things again! What a waste of time!

Not making backup is on me solely, but that z-wave engine is getting so f****d is on you Fibaro and only on you! I wonder how many times do you guys reboot your test HC's and how many devices you have included on those, but definitely not enough. Because if you do then this bug would be cleared already long time ago.

5 answers to this question

I'm sorry to hear that. And even more sorry, I have no clue what happened... I'd say contact support but it is friday evening so, ..., ... really bad situation.

Hi @Sankotronic, what a sh*tty story to hear.

Strange enough I never met this problem (and I have had some others over the last few years).....

I hope you'll get your system back running again very soon.

And besides all this mess and iriitations, I couldn't find a better, more easy and more reliable system so far.

But who am I???

Good luck!

• Inquirer
  • Hi @petergebruers and @TRicky,

Thank you for your concern. I manage to get it back working with just restoring latest backup. Unfortunately I lost some devices that I added after making last backup and also all code that I was working on. But this is my mistake not making backup before playing with HC supply. Lesson learned!

Anyway, Angelina is back in life and running ok. Devices that I lost by restoring backup are included again and big part of code restored from Zerobrane studio.

I just wonder what causes such mess with z-wave devices? I do not have any orphaned or dead devices so what the heck?

Welcome back Angelina,

Good to hear she's back alive again!

What wonders me the most is how big the differences in errors can be while we are working with the same FW version (4.130).

I'm also playing around with new devices, VD's and scenes but (luckily) I don't have these kind of errors. Only my own faulty programming errors.

How can these differences be explained?

• Inquirer
  • 15 hours ago, TRicky said:

Welcome back Angelina,

Good to hear she's back alive again!

What wonders me the most is how big the differences in errors can be while we are working with the same FW version (4.130).

I'm also playing around with new devices, VD's and scenes but (luckily) I don't have these kind of errors. Only my own faulty programming errors.

How can these differences be explained?

Hi @TRicky,

That is exactly what I want to know. If I go back in time to the beginning of my journey with HC2, I don't really remember anything strange with adding new devices. I was also very careful to start building my network with mains powered actors and then adding battery operated sensors. Also I was building my network from HC2 outwards so that mesh network is always properly set.

But of course at some point I had few orphaned devices but were caused with bug that deleted some devices just out of the blue sky after restarting HC. There are some of my old posts where I was reporting this issue.

I'm really glad that you don't have this kind of problems, because this one with non configured devices is really bad!

Luckily restoring backup always helped and I never did recovery. So what I can recommend is that making backup is mandatory every time when new devices are included or new code is made.