Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro Smoke Sensor 3.3 - false alarms

remcoploeg

Question

Hi,

In the middle of the night suddenly my Fibaro smokesensor v3.3 gave a firealarm (I see  also that the smoke alarm is breached in the HC2 for that sensor). So I went upstairs, but there was no smoke (also no smoke in the history of the sensor in the HC2). I removed the battery to sleep again. I have two questions:

- Why did the smoke alarm went off? There was no history of smoke in the sensor in HC2 (the graph was like the whole day). Any idea how I can troubleshoot this?

- Why did the other smoke sensor (gladly for now) didn't went off? 

This is the first time it happend and I have 12 Fibaro smoke sensors.... BTW I don't get any notification of a firealarm in the HC2 itself (glady I had a own virtual device) of other mobile devices from the standard interface of the HC2

thanks in advance,

Well, and here I am. Now it is my turn.. Woke up at 0315AM and 0450AM this night because of the alarm.

What is this *abuse*? I was searching hoping I would find a couple of others with the same problem and maybe a solution, but man.. so many have the exact same problem and it is so frustrating that this is still in sale. People have complained about this for at least 3 years.

Fibaro just sits quiet and dont care to comment anymore.. Why should them, people dont know about the problem and will continue to buy it like ever before. A acknowledgement of the problem would cost too much.

Sad.. I would have trusted Fibaro if there was more information about the problem, or at least a comment that they are looking in to it, but this silence even when so many people have the same issue will for sure make me choose another brand and spread the word about Fibaro. 

Had two false alarms this week. First one detected smoke and second one nothing, it just started the alarm.

Edited by Manuel Gysin

Dear all,

I've exactly the same false alarm triggered by my Fibaro FGSD-002 Smoke Sensor, 3:30 AM and several times in the following days. WTF I'm fed up with Fibaro products. Except a very nice design, those equipments are just toys, no more.

When I bought those smoke sensors, I had to send it back for replacement because of a 2 days time battery drain. It worked fine for a couple of months and now I'm facing those false alarms.

I've also other devices such as motion sensors that doesn't work fine either (sometime, the detection level remains stuck...).

From now, I will never buy Fibaro anymore.

R.

• Like 1

@Rajstopy

I feel you mate. All the smokesensors were the first to go. They are dangerous to trust and could possibly cause death. It dosent look like they care either, since the product continues to be sold.

Bought 2 last year in October and one went off this afternoon as a false alarm.

The alarm is on the living room ceiling in the middle of the room.

The smoke detector is currently sitting on my desk as I type, yet it is still showing as detecting smoke. Deffo no smoke anywhere.

For a device thats supposed to save your life it does not fill me with confidence that it would go off at the right time.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Thanks 1

I have 6 Fibaro smoke detectors. 3 of these have triggered false alarms on 3 different locations. Today, false alarm again early in the morning. My family hates these detectors and so do I. I removed all of them and ordered 6 Heiman detectors instead. These don't have temp sensors, but I have seperate temp sensors in all rooms anyway. Goodbye Fibaro.

Not to disappoint you but I have had 6 Heiman detectors and have send them back I am now on Fibaro for 3 years.

Once fals alarm perhaps not a good place choosen.

Secondly I was  on a alternative place ( reconstruction work) boiling water to close in the neighborhoud of the sensor.

Perhaps you need to clean the devices?

//Sjakie

@Sjakie,

nice try to defend the crappy smoke sensors. They are faulty by design. I replaced all of them with the cheapest dumb 10 year sensors I could get. Placed the new ones in the exact same spot as the fibaros. Not a single false alarm ever since. No cleaning, no tinkering, nothing.

When they go off I know there is smoke or fire .. and not just a squirrel farting in the neighbourhood.

Good luck and read you again in a few months when your wife/partner forced you to remove the crap.

BR