Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Connecting FGR-222 to garage roller door

hpsn

Hi All,

Hoping someone can provide some insight into this. I have a FGR-222 which I would like to connect to my Garage Roller door Motor. What I currently have is:

- Forcedoor FS 1000 door opener. Manual located

Please login or register to see this link.

- The unit is directly connected to an AC wall socket and has no wall switch

- The manual advices to connect the wall switch to GND & PB points that are on the unit. From my understanding the wall switch will not require AC/Live wire connection. See the attached image.

Can I connect the FGR-222 to this unit? If yes, how?

Will I need to provide a Live and Neutral to the FGR-222 and  connect Q1 and Q2 to PB and GND? and not worry about S1 and S2?

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Guest spazpeker
4 hours ago, hpsn said:

Hi All,

Hoping someone can provide some insight into this. I have a FGR-222 which I would like to connect to my Garage Roller door Motor. What I currently have is:

- Forcedoor FS 1000 door opener. Manual located

- The unit is directly connected to an AC wall socket and has no wall switch

- The manual advices to connect the wall switch to GND & PB points that are on the unit. From my understanding the wall switch will not require AC/Live wire connection. See the attached image.

Can I connect the FGR-222 to this unit? If yes, how?

Will I need to provide a Live and Neutral to the FGR-222 and  connect Q1 and Q2 to PB and GND? and not worry about S1 and S2?

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

you cant use the roller shutter, you can use either the double or single switch 2 and configure it to auto off 1 second  and connect the output to the coil of a small relay, and the output of the relay common to GND and Normaly open to PB as per above, your garage door controller will do the rest

Edited by spazpeker
grammer

• Topic Author
  • @spazpeker Thank you. I have been scouring the Internet and found

It seems I may be able to use the older FGS-211 mico relay which has dry contacts. So if I understand correctly, I could connect FGS-211 with its IN connected to PB and Q to GND, the FGS will have Live and Neutral connected directly to L and N.

Would be great to get your opinion on it.

Many Thanks

Guest spazpeker
    Just now, hpsn said:

@spazpeker Thank you. I have been scouring the Internet and found

It seems I may be able to use the older FGS-211 mico relay which has dry contacts. So if I understand correctly, I could connect FGS-211 with its IN connected to PB and Q to GND, the FGS will have Live and Neutral connected directly to L and N.

Would be great to get your opinion on it.

Many Thanks

Some people say that that in the event of some catastrophic failure of the module mains could get onto the relay outputs, however i do have 3 roller garage doors connected just how you have described been working fine for the last 4 years, allows you to still use the garage remote as well.