Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Alexa has forgotten all my devices and scenes

Kate

Question

Have been successfully using Alexa to control my devices and scenes for a couple of months now, but suddenly yesterday Alexa wasn't working. Checked in the interface and it was showing them all offline. Tried to rediscover them all and they all disappeared.

I've tried all the usual things: rebooting my HC2, disabling and re-enabling the skill and re-linking my account, updating my HC2, etc etc. Nothing. Everything is fine in the HC2; everything in both the app (Android) and via the browser works; widgets work fine on Android.

Any suggestions? I'm in the UK. Thanks, all. 

• Like 1

Hey, 

Since 3 days there are already problems. My Devices are offline for a few hours. Sometimes it works. What is the problem. I need a solution. 

Thanks 

On 15.9.2017 at 12:06 PM, I.Srodka said:

Hi all!

Alexa skills should work now for all. If you have any problems please let us know!

Hi all!

I´ve waited some days and tried from time to time.... but still: nothing can be found!

HCL on 4.130.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

@I.Srodka and all!

Same problem for me Alexa used to work perfectly with my HC2 in France.

But since mid-september and particularly with new stable version "4.140", I can't manage to get it work. Devices and scenes seems OK after a "manual discover" but only for a few minutes, they rapidly appears "offline", and when asked to turn them on, alexa says "sorry XXX is not responding"

Please help!!!!! Thx.

Hi guys!

@salentin @hargie @Brunanchon,

Could you all try to: log out from your Amazon accounts, disconnect from Fibaro, remove plugins from your Amazon accounts, add Fibaro Skills again and log in to Fibaro ID within those skills again.

Please report whether it helped or not.

8 hours ago, I.Srodka said:

Hi guys!

@salentin @hargie @Brunanchon,

Could you all try to: log out from your Amazon accounts, disconnect from Fibaro, remove plugins from your Amazon accounts, add Fibaro Skills again and log in to Fibaro ID within those skills again.

Please report whether it helped or not.

@I.Srodka Hello,

Thank you for your message. Did try to remove and add Fibaro Skills as asked.

After discovering devices and scenes are found and marked as connected, but still no action is possible....

still getting the "Sorry, XXX is no responding" reply

Hi @Brunanchon,

Our Skills are divided into two apps. Despite that please install both Fibaro skills from Amazon website. Fibaro Custom Skill is sometimes needed for proper configuration. After installation and configuration of both skills please say to Alexa:
Alexa, ask Fibaro to search for Home Center

Amazon Echo device will search for Home Center units linked to your account and will list them for you. As example Alexa will say:
I've found X Home Center devices; number 1: HC2-001234, number 2: HCL-004321 .....

You need to chose proper Home Center unit by saying "number one" for example. This step is crucial and needs to be done even if you've got one Home Center gateway added to your Fibaro ID account.
Next thing you need to do is discover your devices again.

But while you try and check different things, you can send the HC number via PM, and I will check whether there are some other issues.

Hello @I.Srodka

yesterday I installed my Amazon Echo and tried to connect it to my HCL-Devices, which didn't work.

I have an HCL (v. 4.140) with several Z-Wave Devices conneced and working.

Fibaro ID works fine, I can access my HCL via the ID web portal.

I can activate/deactivate the Fibaro Smart Home Skill, but no matter what I do no devices are found. I also tried to reboot HCL and enabled port forwarding for HCL and Echo Dot.

The FIBARO custom skill is unfortunately not available (only for Germany?).

Please help - thanks a lot!

Hi @UmbertoGecko,

5 minutes ago, UmbertoGecko said:

The FIBARO custom skill is unfortunately not available (only for Germany?).

Second skill for Germany is not available yet.

You can follow this topic here:

If I will have any news about it, I will post it there.

Just now, I.Srodka said:

Hi @UmbertoGecko,

Second skill for Germany is not available yet.

[... ]

If I will have any news about it, I will post it there.

Thanks.

Why isn't the  Fibaro Smart Home Skill working with my HCL?

I'd prefer the direct control of my devices instead of speaking to "FIBARO" in my commands.

Hello @I.Srodka,

Thank you for your help!!!

I recently had to restore my HC2 from an backup.

The DNS used in the LAN config of my HC2 was no more valid....

Alexa communicate now again with my HC2, thanks to a good DNS...

Cheers,

Pierre. 

On 04/10/2017 at 8:28 AM, I.Srodka said:

Hi @Brunanchon,

Our Skills are divided into two apps. Despite that please install both Fibaro skills from Amazon website. Fibaro Custom Skill is sometimes needed for proper configuration. After installation and configuration of both skills please say to Alexa:
Alexa, ask Fibaro to search for Home Center

Amazon Echo device will search for Home Center units linked to your account and will list them for you. As example Alexa will say:
I've found X Home Center devices; number 1: HC2-001234, number 2: HCL-004321 .....

You need to chose proper Home Center unit by saying "number one" for example. This step is crucial and needs to be done even if you've got one Home Center gateway added to your Fibaro ID account.
Next thing you need to do is discover your devices again.

But while you try and check different things, you can send the HC number via PM, and I will check whether there are some other issues.

@Brunanchon,

I'm glad it worked!

Thank you for your information, maybe next time, someone will resolve his problems quicker!

Remember guys, it's always good to set Google DNS servers (if you don't use any custom settings):