Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HC2 and external database

melomaan

Question

Hi,

I am looking for solution to get data from external MySql database to HC2. Has anyone found a way to directly get data from Mysql to the system?

Or is there a good way to insert externally data to GlobalVariable through http get/put request?

Google has not been a good mate to help on the matter or am I too lazy to see :(.

HC2 should have a way to do this (communicate to external MySql as it stands on one itself)...

Thanks for input.

7 answers to this question

The topic has been moved from "

Please login or register to see this link.

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".

On 9/14/2017 at 9:29 PM, melomaan said:

Hi,

I am looking for solution to get data from external MySql database to HC2. Has anyone found a way to directly get data from Mysql to the system?

Or is there a good way to insert externally data to GlobalVariable through http get/put request?

why not? if you have standalone SQL server why you can't  run php server (apache / nginx / etc) on it?

• Inquirer
  • 21 minutes ago, 10der said:

why not? if you have standalone SQL server why you can't  run php server (apache / nginx / etc) on it?

It all comes down to run some middelman "some extra script" on server to do the job. Could be nice if data is extracted by HC2 itself over direct connection, the data needs some processing on the HC2 anyway.

Other positive side is with direct connection is to export data directly from HC2, the event panel is not working for me as expected. Or to use external mysql for HC2 itself and be possible to do a lot more with it, of cours there are many risks with that for Fibaro, like users blowing the system aso.

I do not have a very good relationship with php and would like to avoid it if possible. Of course, if direct connection is out of question, then I gotta find a way with extra script to handle data input to HC2.

Edited by melomaan

So, you propose to support (implement) mysqlclient out of box. 

typically, FIBARO dev ignores all request on new features. more than - your request requires collaboration with third-party services... IMHO it's overkill feature.

PS: for example - native UPS support (USB or net) we are waiting for some time. the same situation with SNMP support. 

UPD: another way ask FIBARO devs to support luasql.mysql package.

...in a pig's eye

• Inquirer
  • 32 minutes ago, 10der said:

So, you propose to support (implement) mysqlclient out of box. 

typically, FIBARO dev ignores all request on new features. more than - your request requires collaboration with third-party services... IMHO it's overkill feature.

PS: for example - native UPS support (USB or net) we are waiting for some time. the same situation with SNMP support. 

UPD: another way ask FIBARO devs to support luasql.mysql package.

...in a pig's eye

Maby it is an overkill, but LUA itself supports mysql, it would be nice to be implemented  to HC2, even without "case handling" from Fibaro. I think many would like to use it as an option to build their systems. Of course there are many requests up for implementation of new features for long time... Maby it is time for Fibaro to start rewriting the sytem to the next extendable-expandable level like version 5.0 for debute in the next year :). I have been playing over 3 years with HC2 and it has been intresting journey, but now needs have been growing to include different systems and solutions in house/enviroment control beyond basic needs of turning something on-off. With it HC2 could be going from house control to smarthouse without a possibility to loose your house if internet connection is down.

Edited by melomaan
    • Thanks 1

• Inquirer
  • Just now, 10der said:

You're a glass-half-full person, aren't you? :D

Maby :) Anyhow we just gotta move on with things we can affect to be positive for us. Otherwise drop it and move on ...-until you have power to deal with it