Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

VoIP remote access

Hara

Question

Hi Guys,

I have a video door phone (Ava Designs) that I've configured to work with my HC2. I'm using the HC2 as my SIP server. I'm using an app called VoIP by antisip on Android to receive calls from the bell next to the door. Everything works great on the local network. I want to know how I can forward the call to my phone when my phone is not on the local network i.e., receive call remotely. I've also noticed that the fibaro SIP app for iOS can receive calls only when the devices are all on the same network. Is there a workaround for this? Am I missing something really simple here..?

Any insights on this will be much appreciated!

Cheers!

Hara

5 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Hara said:

Hi Guys,

I have a video door phone (Ava Designs) that I've configured to work with my HC2. I'm using the HC2 as my SIP server. I'm using an app called VoIP by antisip on Android to receive calls from the bell next to the door. Everything works great on the local network. I want to know how I can forward the call to my phone when my phone is not on the local network i.e., receive call remotely. I've also noticed that the fibaro SIP app for iOS can receive calls only when the devices are all on the same network. Is there a workaround for this? Am I missing something really simple here..?

Any insights on this will be much appreciated!

Cheers!

Hara

Hi Hara,

1) You can try to use port-forwarding on your router to acces your doorbell via the Internet. If you don’t have an fixed IP on your router, use DDNS. 

2) Connect your Smartphone via a VPN to your router 

cheers,

Sjekke

Agreed. I had this working no problems just forward 5051 (SIP Port) on your router coupled with static IP/DDNS.

• Inquirer
  • Thanks guys! This basically means that I won't be using the HC2 as my SIP server, will it?

Yer its quite easy to do...its all about the SIP client versus your DDNS or better still your DNS domain. So do you have a static IP?

• Inquirer
  • Okay.. I wanted to retain the HC2 as my SIP server but I guess there's no other option. Yes, I have static IP set for my VDP. I'll set this up and see how it goes.. pretty sure it will work :) Thanks Darren!