Jump to content

Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

 

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

 

As a member you can:

  •     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

 

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team


  • 0

Qubino modules template missing


Question

Hi,

 

I'm working on a Home Center 2. With all Qubino modules sofar (flush dimmer, Shutter DC, relay 2 and relay 1) there is an error that there is no template available.
For Fibaro sensor and dim modules, it works fine.
How do I get the correct templates in the Home Center and where can I find them?

 

Thanks!

Willem-Jan

Edited by Willem-Jan
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

we ask for several years to Fibaro and Qubino for the template. Qubino says it's Fibaro and vise versa. So no templates in years.... so i don't think the template will come :-)

Edited by theplayernll
typo
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

1 - yellow exclamation sign = warning, not an error. Warning, because just maybe some functionality is not given

2 - it is hard to make templates for devices which can be re-re-configured to add or remove features (like qubino is doing)

3 - there is absolutely no need for templates, one can set all the necessary parameters manually (yes, from usability point of view it's easier to work with templates)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
  • Inquirer
  • On 8-11-2017 at 5:15 PM, tinman said:

    1 - yellow exclamation sign = warning, not an error. Warning, because just maybe some functionality is not given

    2 - it is hard to make templates for devices which can be re-re-configured to add or remove features (like qubino is doing)

    3 - there is absolutely no need for templates, one can set all the necessary parameters manually (yes, from usability point of view it's easier to work with templates)

     

     

    1./3.  know it is not an error. The modules work fine and when a certain feature needs to be changed, the item can be manaully added. But that is far from convenient.
    2. Why is it hard to include the template? On Domoticz and other systems, there is no problem at all to include the Qubino modules.

     

    I've sent the email to Fibaro support for the templates (like is suggested on the HC2 when a module is added), but until now, there is no answer.

     

    I can understand that Fibaro prefers to use Fibaro modules, but for some functions, they simply don't have a solution available (like the DC shutter).

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    • 0
    4 hours ago, Willem-Jan said:

     

    1./3.  know it is not an error. The modules work fine and when a certain feature needs to be changed, the item can be manaully added. But that is far from convenient.

     

     

    templates must not be used at all nor implemented for "non specified devices" (devices which has been not set as supported during certification). Fibaro however have lot of templates implemented and implements templates for new devices from time to time, even if they have no business case for that (except customer satisfaction). 

     

    4 hours ago, Willem-Jan said:


    2. Why is it hard to include the template? On Domoticz and other systems, there is no problem at all to include the Qubino modules.


    to include (configure and make use of it) is not an issue on Fibaro HCx, which is not always the case for domoticz ->

    Please login or register to see this link.

     
     

    Template have nothing to do with inclusion, and Fibaro could simply ignore all the special cases on Qubino modules (like additional input, or temp sensor, or completely different functionality AFTER soft-exclusion and re-inclusion) and add full template (like others did), but then when something didn't work (just because customer set "use third input" but forgot to soft-exclude and re-include) the customer would not say "ohh my foult" or "ohh qubino configuration is strange", no, the customer would blame fibaro for that. I think for such complex-to-configure modules it's sometimes better to show the customer how much work is behind the scene.

     

    4 hours ago, Willem-Jan said:

    I can understand that Fibaro prefers to use Fibaro modules, but for some functions, they simply don't have a solution available (like the DC shutter).

     

    this is the good part of z-wave technology, enough room for any kind of devices from lot of manufacturers, on the other hand not everything need to be manufactured by one company. Something like DC shutters are not "global product", for major player like Fibaro probably not profitable product, but again there are other manufacturers who have them.

    • Like 2
    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Join the conversation

    You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

    Guest
    Answer this question...

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

    ×
    ×
    • Create New...