Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro mobile: Dashboard Widgets, Scenes and Devices

jodohl

Like several other users, I struggle to customize the Fibaro (iPad) mobile app to suit my needs. The graphical looks is superb, but we are in great need of better configuration and shortcut functionalities. Too many clicks are needed to access the most frequently used devices, scenes or rooms. Too much fancy graphics that will impress my friends, but confuse and annoy my wife. The widgets are however a start and bring scenes to the immediately accessible surface, but it's only a start. Here are a few improvement proposals (or questions, if I have missed some already available obvious solutions). :-) 

(1) Why limit the number of available widget slots to 6 ? My iPad has a huge fancy empty dark blue screen. I would gladly sacrifice the energy graph or some other elements of graphically pleasing looks but dubious information value.

(2) I need to get some of my VDs to the surface. Widgets are limited to Scenes. Any chance I have missed something?

(3) I need the icons of the widgets to reflect status. I have found no way to dynamically change this. LUA fibaro: getSelfId() can only pick up VD IDs as far as I been able to confirm. Any solutions out there?

Just one simple example: I have a great VD which changes the heating scheme from "Scheduled" to "Holiday" to "Home" status. VDs change icons dynamically. No way to bring this to the dashboard. A bit irritating.

Edited by jodohl
typos
  • Like 1

+1. Same here, I want room shortcut widgets added to main screen. Its really annoying to juggle through all the menus, especially once you have like 10+ zones with 20+ rooms. And its true: The W-A-F keeps constantly dropping, the more you add to it.

I always have a good laugh when I see those shiny polish(ed) Fibaro marketing graphics showing happy women touching the interface.. we all know the reality looks quite different. If she needs more than 2 clicks to perform an action, she´s mostly out of luck..

and annoyed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The topic has been moved from "

Please login or register to see this link.

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".